dragonfl
photo module
  • 2004/1/22 14:21

• dragonfl

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/6

Hey all,
I have a question regarding which module to use for displaying photos on my site..

My site is a community of game playes.. ie Everquest, and what I would like is the ability for my registered members to upload screenshots of their characters from game and have them be displayed on the site..

Are there any modules that pop right out that would allow this?

thanks

Dragonfl

kjs222
Re: photo module
  • 2004/1/22 15:06

• kjs222

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/3/1 1

I use xoopsgallery for this...

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1105

Using this you can set the albums to have permissions. For instance, for album "screenshots" you can allow registered users (or any specific group for that matter) to updload, edit comments, transform, delete, etc. pictures. Very simple. Also works with "Gallery Remote" that allows you to updload and manage albums easier using a standalone java application.

There are other modules that do this too; I will let their advocates speak for them :).

Good luck,
Keith

testtest
  • 2004/1/22 16:39

• testtest

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/21

I think all current availables would do the job, as you've described it.
Currently i am also looking for a real genuine and flexible solution, available for XOOPS.

But i would suggest you, to test some of these prior to making it public on your site(s).
And i mean testing accurately, 'cause most of the 'turn-offs' are arising at a later level of use.
Also try to look a little bit 'ahead' with your intentions, what you and your visitors 'maybe would like to have'.
Changing a live site afterwards, because one notices that the intended usability is insufficent, is always a pain !

Of course, there's no 'all-rounder', capable of doing everything, but a scope can be how much plugs and mods are around.
Also you might find in such popular solutions more hints for achieving your personal aims.

So i am currently very interested in 4images and an integration into current XOOPS releases.
If you visit their forum, you will know why. Its almost incredible how much hacks, mods and plugs are around.
There is a good chance that one will find a tip or even a solution for getting it the way how one intends.

Also i've seen a live site with a real working foto-community, the most flexible i've seen up to now, running 4images.

domineaux
  • 2004/1/22 16:52

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/29

I think a Gallery program may be a little overkill, and there can be issues with people uploading stuff onto your server.

I'd suggest having a screenshots thread on your forums, and let the users provide a URL to the graphics.

If you don't mind users uploading to your site, then 4Images is a great tool. Other users can even download the pictures or associated files from 4Image if allowed.

---------------

Login

Who's Online

191 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 191

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits