qweasd
can someone take a look at my site pl
  • 2004/1/21 8:09

• qweasd

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/18

Hi,

i recently installed XOOPS. i had few installation issues but with help members of this list i was able to fix it. But some thing weired happening.

1. instead of actual messages, i am getting the variable names displayed on the web site

2. i created a news item and also i hv created a forum. but they are not displayed on the home page. do i need to do something else.

my site is www.ihdesis.org

thanks a lot,
-qweasd

hightyde
Re: can someone take a look at my site pl
  • 2004/1/21 8:17

• hightyde

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/11

1. Did you edit the login block (admin -> system admin -> blocks -> login block -> edit)?

2. Did you giver visitors permission to access the news and forum modules (admin -> system admin -> groups -> Anonymous Users -> modify -> then check the "module access rights" for both modules)?

WARNING -- check only boxes beside the "module access rights", not the boxes beside the "module admin rights".

Chado
  • 2004/1/21 8:36

• Chado

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/6/6 7

It looks like maybe you are missing some language files or maybe they got corrupted in the upload or something. Make sure all your language files are there for whatever language you are trying to use. Make sure that the correct default language is selected in system admin preferences.

qweasd
  • 2004/1/23 8:06

• qweasd

• Just popping in

thanks. i did as what u said. but how to display news and forums in my default page. Pl take a at my updated site the center page of my default screen looks blank.

secondly after doing the changes as u mentioned i no longer get 'system admin' options in my admin. i only see news and forms options but not system admin. how to get it back. i am able to access the system admin directly by url though.

thanks again.

-qweasd

qweasd
  • 2004/1/23 8:10

• qweasd

• Just popping in

Actually i host my site locally so i hv direct access to the server. i am sure i copied all files. Do u want me to turn the error display on error_display(E_ALL. would that help to debug.

-Q

DonXoop

1. You are missing the language files (English?), or they are not readble by the web server (rights / directory rights), or have selected a default language that isn't actually available or in the wrong location(s). Set to English in Admin until you have it working.

2. Go into Admin/System/Groups Webmasters. Verify that all rights are checked and hit update (even if they look right). Do the same for the other groups making sure you aren't giving too much / too little rights. You should get your rights back.

3. In Admin/System/Prefs/General you can set which module is set for your Start Page (you have none set now). Or set to none and create a custom block in Blocks. Other ways too but these are the easy ways.

qweasd
  • 2004/1/24 21:51

• qweasd

• Just popping in

1. fixed my language issues.
2. fixed my rights. Now they look good.
3. i was able to set the start pages.

one last problem. in my news pages my news is not visible. same in the default page too.

i tried most of permutation and combination still no luck.

thanks,
-q

qweasd
  • 2004/1/29 5:31

• qweasd

• Just popping in

Any help pl.

thanks,
q

Herko
  • 2004/1/29 9:21

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Do you have any news stories published??

Herko

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits