lukasz
Bilingual site
  • 2004/1/19 12:56

• lukasz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/17

Can anyone tell me how to make a bilingual site.
I would like to make a site in Japanese but with the site management in english.
Is it possible?
Is it hard to achive?

Mithrandir
Re: Bilingual site

Difficulty varies - depends on whether you want the CONTENT to be bilingual

Herko
  • 2004/1/19 13:22

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

TO do this (site in japanese, admin in english), the best thing you can do is make a new language for everything. Translate everything from the admin to english, or translate everything from the site to japanese. This means that your language files will be bi-lingual. Just check the /language/english or /language/japanese folders in your XOOPS install, and in the modules folders themself as well.

Herko

lukasz
  • 2004/1/20 2:59

• lukasz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/17

The content will be in one language - japanese.
And site admin should be in english.
I noticed that there are japanese language file to download. So someone already translated xoops. but howe to make it bilingual?

NIUNIEK
  • 2004/1/20 6:19

• NIUNIEK

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/20

HEJ LUKASZ are you in japan through rotary ???

if yes i'm michal z bydgoszczy, but those who went to usa not to taiwan, the younger one.
if it's you send me an e mail or whatever...
i'm trying to set up portal too but about bydgoszcz - my city, probably....
ps. my blog is www.mikeinusa.prv.pl but it works really slow, and part of it will probably appear on my portal...;)

KubaZ
  • 2004/1/20 8:16

• KubaZ

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/10/9

A few months ago I tried to make 2 or 3 lingual site. I changed the core a little (site uses cookies to remember what language has been chosen) but if you want to make only user-layout in japanase translate lang files which refers user-site of your web

and the best wishes to NIUNIEK who wants to make own site in XOOPS (dalej bracie... uda Ci sie :P )

baCio
kubaz

svaha
  • 2004/1/20 11:28

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

You can do this by selecting Japanese as the preferred language. Then go the language/japanese directory of XOOPS and of the modules and change al the references to the admin to english.

Edit: If you want to display the module names in admin en english and on your site in japanese, then you will have to install the multilingo hack of hsalazar which includes the ml hack of Chado (you can find it in the link here and here
Success

Login

Who's Online

185 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 185

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits