David_Topping
Getting Blank Pages while trying to edit users OR user groups

When I'm in the administration menu of my site, I ALWAYS get blank pages after doing one of the following things:

Trying to get to the 'Edit User' area
After getting to the 'groups' area, clicking on any of the already-created groups (to edit them).

I have turned on debugging, and I get the following messages on the top of all of my administration menu pages:

[size=xx-small]Warning: session_destroy(): Trying to destroy uninitialized session in /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/include/common.php on line 136

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/include/common.php:136) in /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/include/common.php on line 143

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/include/common.php:136) in /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/include/common.php on line 143

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/include/common.php:136) in /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/include/common.php on line 152[/size]

The problem is that I get that error whether the page loads or not, so I've been unable to pinpoint what the problem actually is.

I am running XOOPS 2.0.2 and I have had this problem for many months now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated; this is a very important aspect of my site.
test

Stewdio
Re: Getting Blank Pages while trying to edit users OR user groups
  • 2004/1/19 23:33

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Have you enabled Custom Sessions through the main admin preferences? If so, try tunring it off and see what happens.

David_Topping

No change, unfortunately.

m0nty
  • 2004/1/20 0:04

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

check your permissions on file access in ftp.. they may not be writable or executable.. chmod them to allow em to be written to especially the folders aswell..

that may work..

also i'd recommend updating to 2.05 or higher.. it's only a matter of over writing a few files.. get the update patches from the home page and click the 2.05.2 link and look for the update patches..

David_Topping

The last times I upgraded, I lost all my data the first time, and the second time it was all backlogged and still in MySQL, but was inaccesible to the general public. Is this likely to happen again?

Changing permissions didn't change anything, unfortunately.

m0nty
  • 2004/1/20 0:27

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

if u do it the way i do it.. it shouldn't

what i did when i upgraded was to upload each file individually.. but b4 doing so, rename the file ur overwriting.. ie..

if u have to overwrite userinfo.php then rename userinfo.php to userinfo-old.php

do that for all the files ur overwriting.. then if anything shud go wrong, all u have to do is just change the file names back again and u have ur previous version..

if it involves a MySQL upgrade, then do a full dump of your database b4 hand, then upgrade the database.. again if any problems do arise, u got the backup to fully restore it..

Bazus
  • 2004/1/20 0:37

• Bazus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/9/23

Hi David.

The problem you've described it happened to me exactly the same like a year or more ago. After 5 days of troubleshooting and posting it here in the forums I found out that I was missing or have deleted a file, unfortunatelly my memory is not good for long time ago events so I can't recall what file it was. What I suggest you is taking a look and compare what you have in your computer and what you have in the site. I'm pretty sure you find out what file is missing that is producing those blank pages in those specefic sessions. or upload again the system and user related files, the ones you haven't modified.

Hope you fix your problem soon

Regards

Login

Who's Online

215 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 215

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits