c_carman
URL in a block is not a hyperlink - Why?
  • 2004/1/17 4:10

• c_carman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/8 2

I created a cenet block with a short amount of text in which I wanted to include a hyperlink. So at the place where I want the hyperlink I clicked the chain-link icon that has a tooltip of "url" when mouseover. I answered two questions ...the URL and the hyperlink text and the following was inserted:

Quote:
Well, crap, it is working as a link in this post why not in my site?

The syntax looked fine to me. I can see the intended markup structure like html. But instead of a hyperlink I just got the coding in my page when shown.

Quote:
All you have to do is register and be active on this web-site by posting your questions, anwering someone else's question, just make a comment of someone else's post or perhaps post a querie about some ancestor you are trying to find and you can have your own gedview web-site like this sample http://ecomyes.com/craig/gedview/ Ancestry of U.S. Presidents and Royalty of Europe. Once you become a registered member and have at least one post completed you qualify. Then, send a private message to the webmaster for instructions!

What did I do wrong? How do I get a working hyperlink? Should I or am I required to use normal html coding to get a hyperlink? Duh, that sounds like a stupid question. Hopefully, that makes sense. What is the chain-link icon for if I need to use html?
Thanks,
Craig

PS If you have an interest in genealogy visit my site
http://MyGenealogy.Info

CBlue
Re: URL in a block is not a hyperlink - Why?

Did you save the block as auto instead of html? In order for bbcode to show up in a block you must use one of the auto saving options for that block.

kahumbu
  • 2004/1/17 4:32

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/8/23

You have 4 choices of Content Type when making Custom Blocks: HTML, PHP Script, Auto Format (Smilies enabled) and Auto Format (Smilies disabled).

The default is HTML. Change this to Auto Format (any of the 2) since you are using bb code and see if it works.

c_carman
  • 2004/1/17 5:49

• c_carman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/8 2

I changed it to auto and it works fine as expected. Since "auto" presents html . . . what does the "html" selection mean or do?

Jan304
  • 2004/1/17 11:30

• Jan304

• Official Support Member

• Since: 2002/3/31

The html is pure html, so if you press enter it won't become automaticly converted to
. On this way you can safely use for example tables, ect ect.

Login

Who's Online

281 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 281

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits