Chappy
Re: Brain spasm: Top Page module = NONE; Can't show News block
  • 2004/1/13 6:11

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

Quote:
please ignore this post and I'll slink off into the night (or daytime, depending on where you are )

Maybe update the news module on the module administration page?

dhansen
  • 2004/1/13 6:30

• dhansen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/6

dhansen
  • 2004/1/13 6:40

• dhansen

• Just popping in

I did -- and System too for good measure. No change.

Chappy
  • 2004/1/13 7:05

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

dhansen:

I went to your site and the News Module showed up for me, just fine, if I clicked on the News link on the right hand of the page. It's just that there were no articles.

http://www.elderhope.com/anasysDOTcom.gif

Have you tried posting an article?

I was thinking that your News Module wasn't working (and perhaps it still isn't). But, I don't think you would have a visible news module at all if it weren't working.

Does this really go back to your initial question,

Quote:

dhansen wrote:
I want to set the Top Page default MODULE TYPE to NONE -- then mix and match blocks of different types on the top page. Part of the prob is that News does not even show as an option in the list of available block types under System Admin > Blocks.

I don't think that this is possible, though I willingly (and happily) stand to be corrected. Indeed, I wonder if some of your news blocks would show up again if your News module was set to the top page module.

dhansen
  • 2004/1/13 7:10

• dhansen

• Just popping in

That's not where I'm having the prob. Check out www.anacys.com/imba/ I have the news module set as the home page default there -- which is what I want to get rid of. anacys.com proper has no news published -- just the demo site at /imba/

Chappy
  • 2004/1/13 7:45

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

dhansen wrote:
That's not where I'm having the prob. Check out www.anacys.com/imba/ I have the news module set as the home page default there -- which is what I want to get rid of. anacys.com proper has no news published -- just the demo site at /imba/

What do you want to get rid of, exactly? The way that it points to the news module, or the news articles themselves?

I'm sure I'm missing something, but perhaps your better option would be to choose one aother module (such as iContent) as your Start Page via ADMIN | PREF | GENERAL then add your content to that module. Or, maybe to keep the news module as your top page and minimize the amount of news that shows, and maximize the blocks that flow in from the other modules.

I'm still not sure why more news blocks aren't showing up in your blocks admin page.

I'm pretty much tapped out with suggestions, being an amateur...

regen_r8
  • 2004/1/13 14:54

• regen_r8

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/5/23

One thing that the most recent blocks admin does that initially got me twisted is that it defaults to showing blocks that are available on the top page.

Change the cycle the drop down for "show blocks visible in" to all pages, and "visible" to all and see if they don't magically appear.

--

Login

Who's Online

236 user(s) are online (163 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 236

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits