viny4f
How to modify system_block_mainmenu.html online
  • 2004/1/8 16:44

• viny4f

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/10

i want to modify the system_block_mainmenu.html online. I went to system -> Blocks ->main mene (edit) -> Edit block (Edit Template)->Edit template file . i can see the code here but after modifying there is no way to save it. can anyone tell me how to do that.

secondly i want to know how to make the forum, news, downloads etc available in Main menu for annonymous. I mean the top page Main menu should show them which currently shows just <home> and nothing more.

studioC
Re: How to modify system_block_mainmenu.html online
  • 2004/1/8 16:49

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

before you may edit changes to the templateset, you have to make a clone first, then go to the admin -> preferences and change this clone as active templateset...

now make your changes and now you will be able to save it in that cloned templateset.

its for your own security reason that it is not allowed to make changes at the default templateset..

michael

CBlue

Go to system admin > templates > clone the default templates and rename them. Then go to system admin > preferences > general settings and change the default template to your new template. Then you can edit all your template files and the changes will be saved.

Go to system admin > groups and click on the anonymous group. Click the boxes for forums, news, downloads, etc for this group in the module access part, not the module admin part.

Now to keep anonymous users from being able to post on the forum or for news, go to those modules preferences admin and choose to keep them from those features. They will still be able to see the pages but they won't be able to post.

But for downloads, once you allow anonymous users to see the downloads page, they will be able to download. (as far as I know)

WarDick
  • 2004/1/8 16:51

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

You can't edit the default template set. First make a copy of default template then you will be able to save.

CBlue

Sorry, StudioC! Didn't realize you had helped with some of the answers already!

viny4f
  • 2004/1/8 16:58

• viny4f

• Just popping in

Thx everyone for helping me out. One more thing is there any irc presence or chat presence of XOOPS users where i can log in have live chats

CBlue

If you're talking about this site, it would be great if there was a chat module installed here. I prefer chat to the instant messengers. I have too many buddies and they always want to talk if I log into my ims. So having a chat here would be great!

viny4f
  • 2004/1/8 17:08

• viny4f

• Just popping in

I was talking about in general. Is there any place where i can talk to XOOPS users and webmasters using Xoops

Login

Who's Online

175 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 175

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits