CBlue
Re: Does anyone using Xoops have a good PageRank?

It could also be that people are paying to get higher rankings though. Sites that I have links on, make the top 1 or 2, but I don't. And I get lots of traffic from these sites.

WarDick
  • 2004/1/8 16:40

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

From what I have been able to understand Google seperates the paid ads. They are always on the right side of the SERP.

charpres
  • 2004/1/8 16:57

• charpres

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/9/4 2

I've found that XOOPS helps with PR. The reason? You can get a site out there fast and full of content.

Our site, Blogger Forum went from no ranking to a 5 in the fourth week it existed. The following month it went to 6. Where another non-Xoops site I have dropped from 6 to 5 in the recent change, the Blogger Forum site stayed at 6.

Xoops has the ability to quickly add the sort of content Google looks for: news updates, forums, articles. We also incorporated a Blogger blog in it's own directory which has a 6 ranking on its own (www.bloggerforum.com/blog).

By the way, incorporating a blog with links is a good way to beef up what XOOPS has to offer. To experiment on this, I created a blog at www.bloggerblog.com --it had a ranking of 2 with Google before I actually had a chance to put any blogs on it! There was nothing there at all, but Google thought it was great. Now it is populated with blogs (as of last week) so I'm waiting to see where it goes.

svaha
  • 2004/1/8 17:04

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

When I look at my old html site, search for rainbow warrior on google, I see that my rank is 4?
I never applied with that site at google.
Here's what it says :
Quote:
Osiris the Rainbow Warrior on Amevita
The spiritual journey over the rainbow into the nothing, lifting the veils of illusion, teaching of the three hearts and technics on doing nothing, join me ...
Beschrijving: Poetry and mantras for personal and spiritual growth.
Categorie: Society > Religion and Spirituality > New Age > Personal Pages
www.amevita.com/ - 2k - In cache - Gelijkwaardige pagina's

The subscription says : Poetry and mantras for personal and spiritual growth? I don't know who put that there. It wasn't me
I have not much visitors on this site, nor links to famous sites.
I think when you have a quality site (subject doesn't matter, as long as it is YOUR subject) people will come, and it is not really important to me to move up high in ranking because I have no advertising on my sites.

Aloha

Mithrandir

Where do you actually see that rank?

WarDick
  • 2004/1/8 17:13

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

You have to install the google toolbar in I.E. when the page is visible you run the mouse over the page rank icon.

Mithrandir

ahhh - I use Mozilla

svaha
  • 2004/1/8 17:19

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

Quote:
Geavanceerd zoeken Voorkeuren Taalhulpmiddelen Zoektips

Het web doorzoekenZoeken in pagina's in het Nederlands
Het Internet Afbeeldingen Discussiegroepen Gids
Op het web gezocht naar rainbow warrior. Resultaten 1 - 10 van circa 247,000. Zoekbewerking duurde 0.06 seconden.

Categorie: Regional > Oceania > New Zealand > Society and Culture > History

Well that's also one of these funny things, when I search on google.com, I always are redirected to the Dutch version of Google, and here I see this site is number 4 of 247.000 pages.
So, maybe when you look for this site in Denmark you will get other results? I dunno

CBlue

Wow! Thanks for that WarDick! I use the toolbar and never thought to move my cursor over it. My crazy4realitytv site's rank of importance with Google is 4/10. Didn't know that!

Mithrandir

When I search for Rainbow Warrior on google, I find www.amevita.com as no 4 too.

Login

Who's Online

119 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 119

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits