marcan
email notification
  • 2004/1/5 18:34

• marcan

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/10/8

Hi !

Here is my little problem. I have a small community with 9 members. Each one of them has the notification method switched to Email. Everyone of them has tha global notifications for each new Article and each new post in the forum. Now, the problem is that when I post a new article or a new post in the forum, it is really long. It takes like 15 seconds to go to the page "Article submitted...". When none of my users had the notifications set up, posting was instantaneous.

Could anyone help me?

Thanks !

corker
Re: email notification
  • 2004/1/5 23:53

• corker

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/1

??? Logically, it would be because of it sending all the e-mail... not much you can do about it....

marcan
  • 2004/1/6 15:02

• marcan

• Just can't stay away

But each time, it sends only 9 emails. Is it normal for a server to take that long for sending 9 emails?

DonXoop

What are your settings for Email in System/Prefs? What server is sending the mail etc. Can you send mail from that server outside of XOOPS and what happens with large messages?

marcan
  • 2004/2/4 20:21

• marcan

• Just can't stay away

The server is the smtp server of my internet provider. I use this smtp server to send my mails with Outlook and I have no problem. The Mail method is SMTP. I did choose SMTP Auth and still, it's always LONGGGG....

Any suggestion?

Thanks for any help !

Login

Who's Online

118 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 118

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits