qbertz
Recent Topics block....
  • 2003/12/31 17:52

• qbertz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/30

Does anyone know a way to have the "Recent Topics" block display more than one page or if there is a module hack or one in development?

What I mean is, the web links page (for example), when it get to be more than the set limit to display on the main page (block), adds multiple pages to view.

This would be great for someone who wanted to have browseable recent topics and not have a front page that has too many comments.

Any info would be GREATLY appreciated.

CBlue
Re: Recent Topics block....

Recent topics of what module?

qbertz
  • 2004/1/1 0:40

• qbertz

• Just popping in

Sorry bout that, the forum module. Just like when you first go to xoops.org, it displays the latest 20 topics posted.

I want to know if there is a way to display page numbers with links at the bottom, so that viewers can view more than 20 without setting the display # to 100 on the front page.

As it is now it displays "visit forum" but it would be nice to have several pages to view before viewing the forum.

Thanks

DobePhat
  • 2004/1/1 0:58

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

hmmm...I got a few recent news blocks by story topic id.
I am now trying to do a recent forum block by forum topic.
But am not sure which db query to fetch...
Is that anything you are looking for? Is there a site you know of that you have seen something similar on t o what you want (because I can't picture it)?

-Happy New Years!

qbertz
  • 2004/1/1 5:32

• qbertz

• Just popping in

I am looking for something that pages the "recent topics" from the forums.

Much like how the "recent news" articles get paged (and a link for the subsequent pages appears at the bottom of the listings) when they exceed the max displayed amount on the front page.

does that help?

DonXoop

I think that these are high on the wish list for the next version. Many sites/communities have the Forums as the most used module (like here). Users like to have an easy list of all Recent/Uread messages since their last login and then page them if it has been a while and the list is long.

For now I put the Recent list in the left column but had to chop some info so it doesn't take too much space. I'm hoping this will hold me until a better way comes along. Ideally there will be a quick link "New" that pops up a more detailed Recent/Unread list.

mikeh
  • 2004/1/1 18:51

• mikeh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/18

theres a XOOPS module called lastposts which gives opportunity to view the last n amount of posts in a seperate module page
think max is 40 or all but suppose easily hacked
http://gererstorfer.net/
is the url in version info

I use it with most active and most read center boxes to give a sort of forum summary page
hope helps

ps

how about one of XOOPS site ops setting it up on here, as sometimes amount of new posts means miss a fair bit of info sometimes

DobePhat
  • 2004/1/2 17:59

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

Oh so this is for forums? But regarding searching for recent ....

There was a hack (techgnome and co...)for search for recent/unread messages.....since last log in.

This would be a nice feature to have in a clearer way. It gets requested on our site all the time....

Especially since people sometimes miss many good topics just because they are "pushed down" by more recent ones....

Login

Who's Online

193 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 193

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits