Skymaster
WF-Section doesn't seem to save cfg settings or changes
  • 2004/1/1 3:36

• Skymaster

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/11/29

WFSection not saving settings or changes to articles.

I use WF-Sections for about 90% of my website content.http://www.rip2001.com/dod

But now I have upgraded to XOOPS 2.0.5.1, and also to WFSection 1.01. Here is my problem.

When I go to WF-Section configuration, none of the radio buttons are selected. Even after I select them, they do not save. I have also noticed that when I try to update an article, it will not save either, or save the changes.

I am unable to insert html pages as well.

Any input would be great! Thanks!

Stewdio
Re: WF-Section doesn't seem to save cfg settings or changes
  • 2004/1/1 3:39

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Be sure that all your directories are correctly chmod'ed and writeable so that configuration changes can be saved on files that need it outside of the db settings.

CBlue

I use Wfsection with 2.0.5.1 and am not experiencing the problem you describe. Just follow Stewdio's directions because that could be why your changes are staying.

JackJ
  • 2004/1/1 14:44

• JackJ

• Since: 2003/8/31

If you go to wfsection "path management" at the bottom "file permissions check" of the page make sure no paths are in red, this will tell you the files and folders that need to be CHMOD

There is a bug in some wfsections versions, if you try to add external HTML files. Before you save the article just type a line of text or two in the wysiwyg editor, that should allow you to do it. (it wont save the line of text)

I have a version for download at my site which has this fixed

regards

Skymaster
  • 2004/1/1 23:05

• Skymaster

• Just popping in

Thanks for the help.... this is what I have tried so far.

Prior to the post, I did check the Path management, and everything checked ok there.

The articles are all up and seem to be functioning properly. they do all show "Offline" in Article Management, not sure if this matters.

I also can not create a new article. It goes thru the steps, but doesnt show up.

I have also downloaded and overwrote my wfsection with the version on Jack's website. Did the update option, tested, but still no luck.

After the new upload, I tried all these things again. I even tried the html upload with a couple lines of text. It acts like its working, but when I come back, all the previous deleted text has returned, and the html file is back to the dashed line, like I never changed anything. :(

Any other advice?? Thanks

JackJ
  • 2004/1/1 23:32

• JackJ

Could you do a debug and post the results?

This is done from system admin/preferences general preferences, then go to the page that has the problem

If it were me I would totally delete my installation and re-install, but of course you may have content you wish to keep

Did you do an update of the module and system files in modules admin after updating??

Skymaster
  • 2004/1/2 1:52

• Skymaster

• Just popping in

I do have content I wish to keep, would be a long process to re-install.

This is what I get from the debug.

Quote:
Notice: Undefined index: meta_desc in C:\Inetpub\rip2001.com\dod\include\functions.php on line 53

Quote:
Notice: Undefined index: show_cblock in C:\Inetpub\rip2001.com\dod\header.php on line 54

JackJ
  • 2004/1/2 3:19

• JackJ

The index things are nothing to worry about I am told

It i difficult from a distance to try to trace this problem when nothing obvious is showing.

We do know that the problem started when you upgaded xoops, and there is nothing in the posts that relate to any similar problems. What did you upgade from?

This is probably what I would do in your situation. Their is a module called xfsection, it is wfsections with some hacks applied. I do know they both can run together. If that behaves the same then you will know that the upgrade has caused the problem, or if your wfsections has problems, which may related to the database etc.

xfsection

Probably a daft suggestion, I can't think of anything else, unless someone with more XOOPS developer knowledge helps out

Catzwolf
  • 2004/1/29 23:31

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

Skymaster wrote:
WFSection not saving settings or changes to articles.

I use WF-Sections for about 90% of my website content.http://www.rip2001.com/dod

But now I have upgraded to XOOPS 2.0.5.1, and also to WFSection 1.01. Here is my problem.

When I go to WF-Section configuration, none of the radio buttons are selected. Even after I select them, they do not save. I have also noticed that when I try to update an article, it will not save either, or save the changes.

I am unable to insert html pages as well.

Any input would be great! Thanks!

First your problem is database related, for some reason your configuration table is now empty and thats the reason why nothing shows up or you can save anything (WF is only designed to update the table not insert new, I will fix this in the next version).

You will have to open the wfsection.sql file, copy and paste the wfs_config database dump (line 151) into the table. (Using myadmin or something like that).

I will also fix the html problem with a quick fix upgrade version of wf-sections.

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits