Stewdio
Re: Major problem please help
  • 2003/12/30 21:37

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Actually, since you can't log in, you can't turn on php debug. The only other way is through phpmyadmin, but I don't know what table or function is used to turn it on. It can be done, just need someone to point in the right direction to access the feature throu sql

munchcra
  • 2003/12/30 21:48

• munchcra

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/6 1

So in a nice way your saying that my site is toast?

Stewdio
  • 2003/12/30 21:51

• Stewdio

Not yet. Once we find out where to go through phpmyadmin to turn on the debug tool, you can post those results here and mabe we can find a solution.

I wouldn't give up just yet

DonXoop

How much control do you have over the Web/MySQL server(s)?
The first thing to try is to Repair the tables in MySQL. If you can get access via: native client on Linux, stand alone phpMyadmin, MySQL-Gui, etc.

I would use a Linux native client if you have network access (no firewall). Or, install the stand alone phpMyAdmin and do a Repair.

Just place it in a directory and call it directly so you bypass Xoops. If you can get that far we can help setting it up.

Stewdio
  • 2003/12/30 22:04

• Stewdio

I think I found it through php admin

Go to xoops_configoption and look for _MD_AM_DEBUGMODE3

I think thats the debug option set to off. Just below that in there is confop_value which is also set to a value of 3. I think, but I'm not sure, that the debug mode you need is 1.

Try that to see if you get any output on your screen when you go to your site.

Backup just in case though, I'm positive we can find a solution.

*edit* Try DonsXoops solutions first though

munchcra
  • 2003/12/30 22:21

• munchcra

• Just popping in

Ok I did DonsXoops message. The site is still the same.
Then I went and changed what Stewdio said and still the same. Now if someone would like to go in and have a try I would give you all the passwords you need to do so. I will only give it out to the person who wants to try to find a solution to this mess, to help out XOOPS at the same time in case this happens to someone else.

Herko
  • 2003/12/30 22:27

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

contact your hosting provider and ask them if they have made any changes to the setup. It could also be that the database rights were changed and that the database can't write to a few tables anymore. Also ask them to check the integrity of the database...

Herko

DonXoop

You were pretty fast with the phpMyAdmin install. Did you do the Repair on all of the tables? Do do you have shell access (SSH for example)?

Are you hosting at ATJEU in Phoenix or Accuweb in NJ? Looks like a Linux server with an array of modules. The listing of all those modules and versions is more information than people should know but that isn't our problem.

Anyway, let us know how it goes. You can PM or email me if you need more help.

munchcra
  • 2003/12/31 10:46

• munchcra

• Just popping in

Thanks DonXoop
I had phpmyadmin installed already and tried to repair the tables with no solution.

DonXoop

Let me know if you are toast and want some help. It appears that you can get SSH shell access which would make repair and general work easier.

Login

Who's Online

148 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 148

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits