hsalazar
Re: Does anyone have a copy of Glossaire on XOOPS 2?
  • 2003/11/25 2:03

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

fishspon:

In reply to this last question, just make sure the structure defined in theme.html is correct, that is, that the combined widths are the right ones for your site, and you should have no problem, as the logo image only appears here.

On a side matter, just to let you know a while back I started the process of transforming the Glossaire module into a Smarty-templated one, that is, to bring the module up to date and in english. After a while, and with a few details still unresolved, I put the package in the hands of Catzwolf and the Module Development Team has been refining it since.

What this means for all users is that in a relatively short while we'll all enjoy a thoroughly revamped version of this excellent module. Then all we'll need to do is ti translate the thousands of definitions available in XOOPS Brasil... Sigh...

Cheers.

carnuke
  • 2003/12/7 18:31

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

I've successfully downloaded a zip file of glossaire from HERE

I know there have been problems with a corrupted file previously

Richard

RicoCali
  • 2003/12/30 14:38

• RicoCali

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/7/29

I got a bit of a problem with it. Everything is in French and I can't find the switch to change the language to English.

BradM
  • 2003/12/30 19:54

• BradM

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/14

Quote:
just to let you know a while back I started the process of transforming the Glossaire module into a Smarty-templated one, that is, to bring the module up to date and in english.

That's good to hear! I've hacked away at my copy to make modifying it a little easier. I'm not to the point of adding templates, but I created a few new functions in functions.php (namely there is now only one place where the table for the definition is built, so you don't have to edit 3 or 4 files each time you want to make a change).

I'm not sure if you guys are looking for suggestions for the next version, but I have a few which I have added that makes it more encyclopedia-style.

* option to add an associated image to the definition
* option to add related terms (all of which are automatically hyperlinked to their own definition)
* for the 10 most recent, trim down the definition and add a "more" link to the full definition

Finally, one that I would personally find useful is that, prior to displaying a definition, the text is scanned for all terms that are already in the database. If any existing terms appear in the current definition, automatically hyperlink them to their own definition (basically what you see at the Wikipedia).

Brad

nocjock
  • 2004/1/7 20:53

• nocjock

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/3 1

This sounds great! Where can we get ahold of an updated copy of this mod? TIA

Login

Who's Online

154 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 154

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits