Herko
Re: Some useful hacks. Some new info.
  • 2003/12/24 10:26

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

The xoopsForum team is still working on it. I think an update will be released before the release of XOOPS 2.1 (and no, do not ask me for release dates), with a few new features

Herko

PureLuXus
  • 2003/12/24 12:07

• PureLuXus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/1/3 2

i am working on the new templates.. i hope i get the first version finished before newyear ..

CBlue

The quick reply one works with 2.0.5.1 because I have that hack working on all of my newbb modules.

jamieh
  • 2004/1/26 15:00

• jamieh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/24

I'm using the private forum hidden hack with 2.0.5.2

It's working fine.

DonXoop

Have you upgraded to 2.6 and checked if Forums are o.k.? Luckily I upgraded a clone of my site because the newbb blocks are now missing. I had taken the lastposts module and emptied it and used it with the hacked newbb blocks. They no longer appear and I don't have the standard newbb blocks. I seem to still have the private forums settings though and they are still working.

DonXoop

bump...

Anyone with the earlier newbb hacks and then a 2.6 upgrade? When I tested the upgrade all was fine except newbb. The private forum hacks replaces the blocks and they are missing if I upgrade. I'd hate to loose the recent message blocks or expose the private devel forum.

I suppose I could back off the hacks, upgrade, and redo the hacks but I'd guess the new blocks are different and the hack would break things. Hmm, I don't see anything in the changelogs about private forum hiding which I need (including the blocks).

Anyone do the upgrade with the hacks??

DobePhat
  • 2004/2/10 16:37

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

Can you detail what it is you are trying to do with Private Forums? I use it as a seperate forum as well...
just curious...
thanks

DonXoop

Hi,

I'm using a hack package from www.regenerateweb.net
It includes most of the hacks from this thread. The basic hide private hack is easy to put back but this also did some other changes. I've done little changes myself which I will have to put back too.

For now I've done the upgrade except for newbb. Playing with a test server I could apply a complete 2.0.6 newbb overwrite instead of the patch and get things close to what I had but not quite. It is a bit nerve racking updating the most important module....

You can see some of what I did as anon:
spda
forums

shibby
  • 2004/5/11 20:58

• shibby

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/14

Bumping this in hopes someone has or will update it.

Login

Who's Online

141 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 141

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits