renshin
Xoops Xmas SAPM!!!!
  • 2003/12/23 11:29

• renshin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/10/22

Are you guys sending out all this Christmas SPAM to a so called list I never recieved till a couole of days ago?

Besides you don't send it my registered email here but other private email I use.

it pisses people off and if somebody is using your ID to send these spams then you should do something about it.

DaBoyz
Re: Xoops Xmas SAPM!!!!
  • 2003/12/23 11:42

• DaBoyz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/8 1

Very pleased to read your constructive first post ...

Happy Christmas !!!

Herko
  • 2003/12/23 11:43

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

We can't have sent it to any other e-mail address then the one you have entered here. Like I said in all those other threads, I apologise for the bounces you have recieved, it was never my intention that you would get those. The issue has been fixed now, but there may be a few mails flying around still. AGain, my sincere apologies.

It was not SPAM, but a one-time-only x-mas message. You will not recieve mails like this anymore.

On that note, relax, it's christmas

NRTMOD
  • 2003/12/23 11:44

• NRTMOD

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/13

Admin / Ops, I don't mind it. Thanks!

Just make sure you can't reply to the mail. Too many wankers out there complaining about it and re-sending their own spam.

IE.
Quote:

dont send me any emails agin

--------------------------------------------------------------
Cheers
VashMan - Liam Dawe
http://www.corecoders.com

Yep! I re-posted the FULL email, cause I don't care! Muhhahahaa!

Kenegan
  • 2003/12/23 11:45

• Kenegan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/2 1

Oh come on... are you saying that the XOOPS spam is something you're not in the remotest bit peeved about? Not even slightly?

You sign up to a site sometime in the past and then suddenly your Inbox starts getting pelted with random emails, bounces, out-of-offices and whatever else. I think a little slack needs to be given to the people who are troubled by this turn of events - just saying sorry on site isn't going to solve anything. The damage is done.

Kenegan

NRTMOD
  • 2003/12/23 11:46

• NRTMOD

• Just popping in

Or in the IRC world

/kickuser

X-MAS! and a (I hope very drunk!) Happy New Year!

Peace from Japan
MoD
T.H.u.G. Crew!

NRTMOD
  • 2003/12/23 11:50

• NRTMOD

• Just popping in

Nope...It's the end of the year...why go into the next pissed...

Hope you get Office 2004 for XMAS...

samo
  • 2003/12/23 11:56

• samo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/10/14

I think this is a great error made by a community as large as XOOPS.
I think this is an error that could have been prevented. Most mailing lists have a special bounce-to address, and a special reply-to address. If addresses were created for these cases that are not related to the mailinglist I think this shouldn't have happened.
I am very interested in the reason of this error, though, just from a technical point of view.

kiint
  • 2003/12/23 11:59

• kiint

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/11/11

ah, wondered why my mail box was getting pummelled.

thanks for the christmas greeting, and happy christmas back to you all, but some advice for sending out mass emails to your customers in the future.

set up a new email box that is made just to accept returned emails, and set it so that all emails just wipe, a kind of null email box. otherwise you get the scenario that i just got.

you send an email, my spam program bounces it, your email program bounces it back, mine sends it back, yours sends it back. ping pong, ping pong. but something else has gone wrong, now i am getting emails from people i don't even know, asking me to stop sending them spam.....so i just delete them now, yet more keep on coming...up to 50 emails now..........

houstan, we have a problem.

Login

Who's Online

239 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 239

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits