Anonymous
Error Message on Install - Final Step
  • 2003/12/13 13:13

• Anonymous

• Since:

Error Message:

Warning: copy(../mainfile.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\saltyfish\xoops\html\install\class\mainfilemanager.php on line 52

I have given permission for write/read/etc.. everything except for directory browsing.. Any ideas?

Thanks

ackbarr
Re: Error Message on Install - Final Step

temporarily give IUSR_ full control over the mainfile.php file, then try the action again. If this has no effect, give Everyone full control (on just the mainfile.php file).

Anonymous
  • 2003/12/13 14:15

• Anonymous

• Since:

Ok. Got it. Thanks.

Now I'm running in to this error..
----------------------------
check database
Could not connect to the database server.

Please check the database server and its configuration.
------------------------------

I've checked the configuration of mySQL, which seems to be correct.. Not sure how to check. I've checked the username/password. Only thing I know I'm very unsure of us, is when it asks for the database name, does this need to be within the SQL dirctories? Does it need a path? I just put in xoops.

Thanks again!
Chris

Herko
  • 2003/12/13 14:30

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

It needs a server name for the database server. Probably localhost, if it's on the same machine. Also, make sure that you've entered the right username and password suring the XOOPS install. If it can find and connect to the DB, but can't find the db, it opts to create one for you (if the user you entered is allowed to do so). The error you're getting is that it can't find the database server itself, or connect to it.

Herko

Anonymous
  • 2003/12/13 14:38

• Anonymous

• Since:

Ok. So I prob have to give permission for my user to create a DB. I looked through the manual for SQL, but those commands don't seem to work. (I'm using winXP)... I tried to find the phpmyAdmin, but couldn't find it. Sounds like that might be a little easier.. If I had it.

Any ideas on how to provide permissions in my os environment?

Thanks again

Anonymous
  • 2003/12/13 15:28

• Anonymous

• Since:

I tried to give permission. I found myadmin, and it seems to be great help, but still get the error message. I've seen the thread related to this, but isn't seeming to work.

Thanks

Anonymous
  • 2003/12/13 15:36

• Anonymous

• Since:

hehe. Ok, working now. Hopefully that will be the biggest problem I have. Thanks again.

Login

Who's Online

827 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 827

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits