ronhab
Re: Database problem
  • 2003/5/9 20:14

• ronhab

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/27

Quote:

mbogosian wrote:
Also, there is about one "blank page - please help" post here per week (at least). Did you do a search to see if any previous posts could help you out?

I am putting together a meta-page for answers on this, since it comes up so much. Please feel free to add to it. I compiled it from what I could find in these forums + FAQs.

http://linux-universe.com/wiki/?id=XoopsBlank

Then I can just cut&paste the URL. :-p

Ron - The lazy guy.

mbogosian
  • 2003/5/12 17:58

• mbogosian

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/30

Quote:
TitaNs wrote:
Thank you for helping about database creation.
Installation completed but when i connect to home page it shows blank page.

Hmm...

Quote:
mbogosian wrote:
If you get a blank screen, then make sure you're starting with a fresh install. If it still doesn't work, check your web server error logs and do a search on this site to see if someone else has figured out what your problem is already. After doing a search and trying to fix the problem on your own, if you're still stuck, make a new post to the appropriate forum and someone will most likely be able to help you. When you do this, please include all relevent information (which web server, specific error messages, log output, anything you can think of that might shed light on your problem).

azari
  • 2003/8/7 0:47

• azari

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/7 0

ummm just a question - which sql releases are we on about here - I mean are they all the same or is each release different?

TooBaked
  • 2003/8/18 3:28

• TooBaked

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/9 5

Ok here is the situation. I been using XOOPS for almost a year now and i don't ask alot of help from you guys, But im asking now.
I have never had any problem installing any version of XOOPS till now. I can use PHP NUKE Post Nuke YUK!! and I can use version 1.3.10 XOOPS Yay!! but its too old guys come on give me some help here. I tried the latest verion 2.0 it installs fine connects to database and everything. I made sure all files were chmod to the right settings I deleted install after it was done but still no page display. seems sometimes i look in log and it says no database connection. it seems i may have made a typing error on login name so i corrected and i still get blank page with several erros saying for example...

[Mon Aug 11 00:31:06 2003] [error] [client xx.xxx.xx.xxx] File does not exist: /home/elitecyb/public_html/html/index.php

[Sat Aug 9 12:57:12 2003] [error] error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

these are 2 errors that I can't figure out. maybe the second one is causing me not to see any of my pages.

I have manually went in a found paths to files and tried to type them into browser and browser does not find them. can you guys help is there anymore info i can give you.

I have checked all versions of PHP and MySQL they are 2.4.0/phpadmin and 4.x.x on mysql. I have a partner I usually work with but she been out of town for last couple weeks and not sure when she is back so if you guys could help out this once it would be cool. : )

btw I x'ed out my ip thats not what it says in log

thanks guys great work by the way I love XOOPS!!

Cyrid
  • 2003/12/5 20:15

• Cyrid

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/5

I'm having the same problem. I know MySQL pretty well and still cant figure what the problem is. I even followed mbogosian's instructions above to see if I missed anything. Still doesn't work.

I've tried out another application using the same MySQL properties and it connects to MySQL no problem. It's puzzling. Can I manually code in a connection string? If so, which file would I use to do that?

mvandam
  • 2003/12/5 20:32

• mvandam

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/2/7 2

If you're positive it is a *connection* problem, you can check the settings manually in mainfile.php and make sure everything was set up properly for your server.

edquist
Did all that but still have problems
  • 2004/1/16 6:09

• edquist

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/14

Thanks a million for you effort to help out. Really appreciate it. I understand the logic behind the process but it still did not hep me. I am trying to install XOOPS on a Mac OS X computer. I have succeeded a couple of times earlier but now I am completely stuck Having further lookd into it, using some MySQL utilities it seams that my computer do not have access rights to the MySQL databases. For example trying to set the host passwords using
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqladmin -u root -h `hostname` password xxx yields the following error message
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'edquist-se.local' failed
error: 'Access denied for user: 'root@10.0.1.100' (Using password: NO)'

Any ideas?

Bazus
  • 2004/1/16 11:16

• Bazus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/9/23

in the list of 'you should see on the left' I don't see any 'users' link. My webhoster has phpmyadmin version 2.5.2

I only see: create database, show procesess, databases, export and logout.

any reason why I don't see the other links you listed in your tutorial?

mvandam
Re: Did all that but still have problems
  • 2004/1/16 17:45

• mvandam

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/2/7 2

Add the "-p" argument and it should prompt you for a password.

i.e. /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql -u root -p password -h `hostname` xxx

Note if you leave out 'password' (leave in "-p") which is a very GOOD idea by the way, then you will be prompted for the password after hitting 'enter'.

edquist
Re: Did all that but still have problems
  • 2004/1/17 0:47

• edquist

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/14

Sorry to be such a nuisance. I'm not really used to be such a beginner Being the one translating the Mac into Swedish in 1984 and part of the founding team of Apple in Sweden I find myself, right now in a situation equally interesting (and equally disturbing) as way back in the early 80s - I don't know anything about this but I'm sure going to make it.

We'll back to the problem. Yes I did the "/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql -u root -p password -h `hostname` xxx" and it gave me the whole nine yards of help page tips. Tried it without the "xxx" (replaced with my real pw) at the end and the ended up with an error message: "ERROR 1102: Incorrect dabase name 'edquist.se-local'" wich happens to be the name of my host... not my database.

If you (all of the superb support people out there) think I drive you made... just stop answering. I'll understand you!

Login

Who's Online

205 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 205

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits