DonXoop
Re: WF-Sections Problem (Catzwolf?)

Holy crap Buckwheat, please take a hike. Really, really, really take a long hike off a short planet. If it doesn't work or you can't figure it out than do something else.

Chappy
  • 2003/12/5 6:01

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

You have a moderately interesting site, with a nice design. It's understandable that you have a big investment in making it as perfect as it can be.

Most of us, however, recognize that the devs around here have other things that they do with their lives. Had you been here a while longer, you would know that Catz gets regular requests for the release of whatever mod he is working on. As Serge said Quote:
Catzwolf has stated on several occasions that WF-sections 1.1 has a lot of bugs and that if used then used at own risk etc.
. What part of that don't you understand? Even with the bugs, many of us are happy with it this mod. We are comfortable with develomental software, understanding that there will be bugs, that we may (or may not) be able to use it for our purposes, and that by reporting bugs, over time the mod will be improved. Indeed, many of us are anxious for new and developmental mods to try (test). This is the development cycle of this kind of software. What is hard about that?

Oh, and one more thing. Had you been here a while longer, you would have some comprehension of the contributions that Catz makes to this community.

Should you have a desire to make it better, instead of complaining (a better word is perhaps damning), do as your avatar suggests, and lift it yourself.

Stewdio
  • 2003/12/5 6:12

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

[size=x-small]Quote:

vB3Dev wrote:
Ok, I just dumped this piece of crap module!

Don't bother offering helpmwith it now. I will simply use the regular sections and the news modules to do half of what I need but at least they work properly.

Oh, and Catzwolf, if it takes 3 months to fix a minor bug in a module, don't release any more.

Max
[/size]

Ouch, that really hurts. Catz has been a strong force for XOOPS and this kind of talk is upsetting. Ifyou are not happy with something that's fine, but can you please try to refrain from your slanderous diatribe to a respected member of our community?

Your rude behaviour is starting to upset every member of this community, please be more constructive.

DonXoop

I don't entirely agree that his sites are anything special but that isn't my worry or concern. I've seen much worse so yeah, he has a stake in getting it right but his social skills are so warped it isn't worth trying to help anymore. Or should I say already instead of anymore. Wore his welcome out faster than anyone I've seen that actually used a project.

Maybe if we ignore him he'll go away.
F.R.A.U.D.

Chappy
  • 2003/12/5 6:37

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

DonXoop:

You are, of course, right. Truthfully, given his avatar, I thought "moderately interesting" would be far enough short of praise, that it would serve to be more irritating . And, I doubt that he has any more invested in his sites than most of the rest of us.

Still, I wanted to try to give him some credit.

Of course, that was before I read this .

Anonymous
  • 2003/12/5 7:02

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
Catzwolf has stated on several occasions that WF-sections 1.1 has a lot of bugs and that if used then used at own risk etc.

Really? That is not what he told me and that is NOT what it says on the module page. Quite the opposite!

He claims "Now you have a good reason to switch to xoops"

I have tried the wf-sections mod and tried for 2 days to get it to work and found it has loads of bugs, the output on the parts which do work looks like SHIT and the way he has hard coded the listing table and cells is absolutely ridiculous. The way the hits and read counts and all those nise stats are placed on one line leaving no room for a decent article title also sucks ass.

In fact no sane person would use that module as it is.

Oh, and if you want to allow many users to submit content one person has to babysit each one of them because when a user submits an article he gets a crapy editor which does not maintain formating and when the admin goes to approve the article it gets opened up in a WYSIWYG editor which by default fucks up any formating the submitter has managed to get in there.

So the whole thing is a piece of garbage! It does NOT help anyone maintain content at all unless oNLY one person does all the management which defeats the purpose of having a "management" system in the first place.

I doubt any of you have even bothered to try that mod. It is crap, total crap and I wasted TWO days with it cause it was praised by the dev team as being the bomb.

Let's get real here, XOOPS default is great but lacks many basic features. The MODS available for it, 90% of them are junk junk junk. In fact most of them are betas, and many of them have multiple betas released.

Furthermore, the Module section is so fucking childish! It is a bunch of garbage piled on top of more garbage.

How hard would it be to add some categories for BETA modules and for FIBISHED mods and for OTHER language mods.

THIS site needs a makeover and the devs need to rethink the whole quality control proccess cause right now it is a joke.

You say catzwolf has been the driving force behind Xoops? I agree, but let's not give him credit for failures as well. His Modules are junk junk junk.

Max

ajaxbr
  • 2003/12/5 7:20

• ajaxbr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/25

Max, the worst junk around lately are your posts. You're not getting what you want and you're pissing everyone off, myself included. Do us a favor and mind your language and manners or refrain from posting.

Herko
  • 2003/12/5 8:19

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

GENERAL NOTICE

vB3Dev, you have been warned before. You have crossed the line this time, and this leaves us with no other choice then to take appropriate measures.
From this day forward, you are banned from the xoops.org websites. Your account will de removed and your IP will be added to the banned IP's list. If anyone finds that you're active on the xoops.org websites again, and continuing your malpractices, we will ban you again.

End of notice

The XOOPS Core Team

Login

Who's Online

124 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 124

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits