• Since: 2002/6/7 6

Would anyone tell me how to use it? Thanks

tom
Re: What is the Level of ArMS 4.0 for?
  • 2003/11/26 3:37

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

I've not tested this module yet so I don't know how to use it but here is a demo of it in action for you to peak at:

Ionbee Demo

I'm sure you read the details of dl

ArMS 0.4

the only other thing I can say is have a play around with it, you'll soon learn how to use it............

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

intel352
  • 2003/11/26 6:14

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

heh, good question, i'm still trying to figure most of the module out...

Ilija
  • 2003/11/30 14:09

• Ilija

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/9 1

As I said on modules and themes I use ArMS for tutorials. On my site ( www.ionbee.net ) there is four levels: Begginer, Advanced Developer, Expirienced Developer, Professional Develiper. Get the picture now?

You can`t turn Levels off, but you can hide them...

Any other questions?

JackJ
  • 2003/11/30 16:57

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

This one is a bit of a learning curve but very good once you get into it. Users can edit there own articles which is great.

First, in admin click on the Arms module button, set up your Categories, then set up your Sections (sections are assigned to categories from a dropdown box)

Back in the Arms Admin page you will see a link further down for "Levels", a level is assigned to an article when you create one through a dropdown box--this adds a level link into the article as you may see on the demo. Levels can also be hidden as the author mentioned. (dont know how yet)

In Arms admin go to articles management, this page shows how many articles exist and a search facility. Go to " Add article" on the left main menu.

This dialogue box is the description, not the article, (you need to add a page later) in this text box you need to type a couple of lines, or it will reject, not sure how many words you need yet. Assign it to a section and level from the dropdowns.

After you have the description accepted, you are presented with another page, further down is an "Add Page" link. Click this and you are presented with the standard XOOPS editor, add your stuff. (again in the text box you need a min amount of characters, couple of lines should do it)

The article will not appear in the index page, you need to do 2 things to have it visible.

Further down the page you are now in it will have "Article on hold" in red, click "Change", and confirm.

Then go to "My Articles" on the main menu, and you will see your articles listed, To the right of your article look for a little "Activate" button, click this and your article link will appear on the index page.

Hope this assists to get you going, it is an interesting module.

With a spaw editor bypassing the linebreak thing it would be one of the best content modules around.

I hope to find out how to disable the permissions things in some of the navagation facilities, seems to be hardcoded in.

EDIT: The levels I cant get to grips with at all, links to a level in an article lead to a level page, but how to put content in that level I have not got a clue..the breadcrumbs are repeating the same info as the article heading, display untidy, probally needs a good style sheet or something, at the moment I give up..

Ilija
  • 2003/12/1 9:36

• Ilija

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/9 1

Thats it, in short. Thanks. I`ll put that text in readme or on admin page...

You can hide levels in templates... Just remove lines that show them. You need to know smarty syntax to do that. So,http://smarty.php.net . Note that default delimiters in XOOPS are not { and } but <{ and }> . I`ll add option Use levels to Prefs in next version, but I don`t have time to work on ArMS now...

Did anyone opened Preferences page??? There you can set min article title and description. Also, on that page you can set min page title, description and text. On the same page you cat turn on/off extra permissions, rating and crossposting.

auctmore
  • 2004/10/27 0:15

• auctmore

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/8 2

Arms 4.0 ?? The XOOPS module repository states it is at version 0.4 !! Moreover, as I mentioned in my review over there, the module one can download today has an installation problem.

Login

Who's Online

178 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 178

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits