rich100
e-xoops for music?
  • 2003/11/27 23:10

• rich100

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/23

Hi all;

I haven't really taken a look at e-xoops, but it seems that more music/entertainment sites seem to use it for thier portal.

I would like to develop a site which includes lyrics, calendar, mp3 mod, downloads etc with a simple but effective theme.

Any thoughts?
Thanks
Richard

Shine
Re: e-xoops for music?
  • 2003/11/28 0:11

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Euh,...this is the XOOPS community.
As far as I know ex isn't used more for music/entertainment websites.

As for as XOOPS :
Lyrics= wfsection module
calender= you can pick out of two (calenderx and pical)
downloads= mydownloads
mp3 mod= don't know what you mean by this.

Grtz., Shine

SuiCyde
  • 2003/11/28 5:20

• SuiCyde

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/20

rich....i don't know about e-xoops
but xoops.....use......

what was said above ^

mp3 mod = i haven't been able to find a good one yet...but if you can get www.netjuke.org to work properly which i could not with my limited knowledged of sql, apache, and php, which are all required, then you can link your mp3 mod link to there, and run netjuke as the mod....

also check out the Cd_base module....perfect for organizing albums...has a place for lyrics..place for linking to streams, recommend u stream off of www.soundclick.com or www.dmusic.com and other features, perfect for an entertainment/ music site, i run a rap battle, hip hop board and it worked perfect for me....

combine it with the paypal module and u can even work out a system to sell cd's through it....check it out...get at me if you have any questions,

hope that helped
-1-

malexandria

When we release 2.1 in the next few months, XOOPS will come in bundled versions, one of which will most likely be
a Music Community Pack, we're also discussing 4 other XOOPS Configurations as well.

I will open up a Package Roadmap discussion in a few months when we get closer to finishing X2.1

Login

Who's Online

117 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 117

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits