znaxx
Can't set forum to 'thread' for default.
  • 2003/11/27 22:47

• znaxx

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/17

How and where can I set the default view in the forums to be threaded instead of the flat view? Can't find it anywhere and I'm no php guru...

Appreciate any help.

DonXoop
Re: Can't set forum to 'thread' for default.

In System Admin General Settings "Default Comment Display Mode". It won't change users already registered, you'll have to set it in the accounts or have them set it. But new users will get the default.

Cool, just two days and I have an answer for someone else. I had the same issue and found the answer in a Search.

znaxx
  • 2003/11/27 23:02

• znaxx

• Just popping in

Thx for a fast reply but I don't get it... I can't change it for the already registred users... they still get the "flat" view...

svaha
  • 2003/11/27 23:13

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

You can change this by editing the users. Users can choose what setting they prefer.

Aloha

znaxx
  • 2003/11/27 23:19

• znaxx

• Just popping in

I try to edit the users (including myself) and it still shows flat as default.
I have the text in the forum where I can choose flat or threaded but it still reverts back to flat every time...
Other users get the same result...

DonXoop

You need to set it in the System Module so it becomes the default. Just like I posted already. Then it is flat by default.

CBlue

It's in your general preferences of your system admin if you still have a question of where to change your comments display default.

znaxx
  • 2003/11/28 15:56

• znaxx

• Just popping in

I've set threaded, oldest first in the general settings in the systems admin. I've set the same setting in the users settings and it still shows the forums in "flat" mode.
All the other users have the same problem, old and new users.
Is there anyway I can modify the php file or change it in the database because I really don't want it flat...

Appreciate the help guys/girls

regen_r8
  • 2003/11/28 16:41

• regen_r8

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/5/23

I've never understood why there isn't a preference for the forum module as to how to display forum topics.

It seems to me, this shouldn't be a choice that is made for comments and forums in the same place.

On the other hand, it would be really cool and exciting if the core developers could build a way for a module to "register" a user setting so that it would automatically inhabit the user profile form.

CBlue

Quote:

znaxx wrote:
I've set threaded, oldest first in the general settings in the systems admin. I've set the same setting in the users settings and it still shows the forums in "flat" mode.
All the other users have the same problem, old and new users.
Is there anyway I can modify the php file or change it in the database because I really don't want it flat...

Appreciate the help guys/girls

Did you also tell all your users to edit their own user accounts to have comments displayed as thread?

When I first upgraded to 2.0.5, my forums were in the threaded view by default and I had to change the comments display preference in general settings in site preferences in my system admin and also I had to change the comments display in my own personal account page and tell all my users to do the same. It worked and now everyone can see it flat by default and threaded if they change it in their account settings.

Login

Who's Online

246 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 246

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits