TurkClub
Phpmyadmin?
  • 2003/11/19 22:40

• TurkClub

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/28

because of i am new to php..can anybody explain me how to get backup and restore XOOPS databse in phpmyadmin, step by step?..

ackbarr
Re: Phpmyadmin?

I think the phpmyadmin documentation answers this quite sufficiently (see 6.4 & 6.5)

http://www.phpmyadmin.net/documentation/#faqusing

TurkClub
  • 2003/11/24 23:22

• TurkClub

• Just popping in

thaks,,

[6.4] How can I backup my database or table?
Click on a database or table name in the left frame, the properties will be displayed. Then on the menu, click "Export", you can dump the structure, the data, or both. This will generate standard SQL statements that can be used to recreate your database/table.

You will need to choose "Save as file", so that phpMyAdmin can transmit the resulting dump to your station. Depending on your PHP configuration, you will see options to compress the dump. See also the $cfg['ExecTimeLimit'] configuration variable.

For additional help on this subject, look for the word "dump" in this document.

[6.5] How can I restore (upload) my database or table using a dump? How can I run a ".sql" file.
Click on a database name in the left frame, the properties will be local displayed. Then in the "Run SQL query" section, type in your dump filename, or use the Browse button. Then click Go.

For additional help on this subject, look for the word "upload" in this document.

Per4orm
  • 2003/11/24 23:28

• Per4orm

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/11/14

You don't happen to have cPanel on your host do you? Would be a lot easier to just click on "back up database" on that!

TurkClub
  • 2003/11/24 23:56

• TurkClub

• Just popping in

yes i do have cpanel..
a while ago i got my back up with it and i think its not working very well..because when i restore my db,all of my members' accounts wasnt there..as i read from the XOOPS forums.. most the XOOPS user are usung phpmyadmin and they are recomending it strongly.

Per4orm
  • 2003/11/24 23:59

• Per4orm

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/11/14

Yeah, I have PHPadmin installed as well, though up to press I've only used it to add or edit data, not to make a back-up, so ican't really help you any further on that one. Sorry.

CBlue

Quote:

TurkClub wrote:
yes i do have cpanel..
a while ago i got my back up with it and i think its not working very well..because when i restore my db,all of my members' accounts wasnt there..as i read from the XOOPS forums.. most the XOOPS user are usung phpmyadmin and they are recomending it strongly.

You can open the zipped backup that you make by saving with CPanel. Then decompress it to your hard drive and upload whatever tables you need to upload in order to restore corrupted or lost tables. You don't have to back up in phpmyadmin if you don't want to because doing through phpmyadmin takes alot longer. And you don't want to have to do that everyday when you don't have to. Backups from Cpanel do come out right. You can test that yourself by comparing a table you get from your backup copy from Cpanel with the one you get from exporting it from your phpmyadmin.

Login

Who's Online

146 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 146

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits