WarDick
News Topic Image
  • 2003/11/13 16:41

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

How do you change the News Topic images.

tjnemez
Re: News Topic Image
  • 2003/11/13 17:12

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

you can design your own or overwrite and upload to yoursite/modules/news/images. when you approve a submission you can select an image to display from the dropdown that will list all your gifs etc you have in the news/image directory. select and proceed. you may want to check the size of gif before you overwrite anything as the size will affect how your news items will appear.

cheers,
www.mindhealth.ca

WarDick
  • 2003/11/13 22:48

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry I wasn't very specific. I have created a catagory with no image and now I want to add one. I have no problem changing a subtopic but can't seem to change the image unless I delete the catagory and start over. This deletes all the stories in that catagory.

Seven
  • 2003/11/13 23:48

• Seven

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/16

You can choose to "modify topic" in news configuration menu and change the topic image there.

Kilowoo
  • 2003/11/24 6:53

• Kilowoo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/9

Hi Everyone!!

I'm here because I have uploaded the images in the folder..
mysite/modules/news/images/topic
And I have assigned them to the topics I created.. but I can't see it. It only appears the "red cross" like a broken link.. I cheked the server and the image is there..
I got the images from slashdot.org (they are the usual ones.. so I think there isn't a pixel problem.. I dunno)

I'm using XOOPS 2.0.5 with Phpkaox theme. If I use default, neither appears..
Thanks in advance for your help..

John

PD: The site if you want to take a look Ucanomics(it's in spanish.. you have to go to Articulos)

Gracias x tu ayuda, Amigo Mexicano!!

hsalazar
  • 2003/11/24 7:51

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

Kilowoo:

Click on one of the red crosses with the right button of your mouse to check the properties of the image, and you'll see the path where XOOPS is looking for it. Maybe there you'll see the problem.

Cheers.

PS: In your link, you missed a 'w', so it should read: http://ucanomics.wwwpuntocom.com

Login

Who's Online

242 user(s) are online (171 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 242

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits