Per4orm
Classifieds
  • 2003/11/14 20:20

• Per4orm

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/11/14

Hi!

I was wondering if anybody was aware of Noah's Classifieds (http://classifieds.phpoutsourcing.com) and whether or not it would be possible to incorporate this as a XOOPS module.

Although I'm sure there are other classifieds mods available for XOOPS already, Noah's has complete flexibility over what types of fields can be entered and searched under different categories.

For example, if running a section on books, you could have users searching under "author" or "genre" for a specific book, instead of just having "Item", "Description" and "Price".

I'd also be interested to know if it would be possible to incorporate an e-commerce funtion, so that users could be charged a small fee for placing indiviual adverts - could be switched on and off by the admin, of course.

If anybody feels like they can, and want, to take the project on, I'm happy to donate some cash to the development - I'm sure it would benefit the whole XOOPS community!

hyperclo
Re: Classifieds
  • 2003/11/15 2:24

• hyperclo

• Just popping in

Read the License first. You can see it's not open source. It's only free to use - not change. Sorry!

jerryj
  • 2003/11/15 4:35

• jerryj

• Just popping in

• Since: 2001/12/20

Well, actually, you can change it. You just can't share your changes with other people. So, you can customize it and make a XOOPS module out of it, but legally you can't distribute that module to anyone else.

Per4orm
  • 2003/11/15 5:01

• Per4orm

• Documentation Writer

Good point and vey well spotted. I'm glad you're both awake and passed my test!

D'oh! I should learn to read these things properly before I open my mouth!

Back to the drawing board...

Login

Who's Online

193 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 193

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits