mariuss
news module preferences not upgraded properly
  • 2003/11/6 21:41

• mariuss

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/6 5

Hi,

I have my site running XOOPS since RC3 and I always upgraded to a newer version. Now it is running 2.0.5.

Yesterday I installed a clean copy of 2.0.5 for another site and while configuring it I realized that there are options which I don't have in the upgraded site.

The options I am talking about are the notifications for the news module. The preferences page for the upgraded site has two radio buttons at the end asking if you want to enable notifications. That is all. The fresh site has a drop down instead of the radio buttons and then there is one more option asking which events should be enabled.

Looking through the code revealed that these options are comming from the database. My guess is that the database was not upgraded properly at some point.

Any clues on how can I fix these options manually?

Thanks,
Marius

DFBH13
Re: news module preferences not upgraded properly
  • 2003/11/6 21:43

• DFBH13

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/26

Have you chmodded the files in your server??

mariuss
  • 2003/11/6 21:48

• mariuss

• Just popping in

Which files? Everything else works properly, I doubt that this is a chmod issue.

Marius

DFBH13
  • 2003/11/6 21:50

• DFBH13

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/26

well it probably is.Because i had the same problem so i just went into FTP and chmodded all files and it worked fine.

mariuss
  • 2003/11/6 22:11

• mariuss

• Just popping in

The problem seems to be in the install/index.php file.

There is a line that reads:
Quote:
$configs[] = array ('name' => 'notification_enabled', 'title' => '_NOT_CONFIG_ENABLED', 'description' => '_NOT_CONFIG_ENABLEDDSC', 'formtype' => 'yesno', 'valuetype' => 'int', 'default' => 1);

and it probably should be:
Quote:
$configs[] = array ('name' => 'notification_enabled', 'title' => '_NOT_CONFIG_ENABLE', 'description' => '_NOT_CONFIG_ENABLEDSC', 'formtype' => 'select', 'valuetype' => 'int', 'default' => XOOPS_NOTIFICATION_ENABLEBOTH, 'options' => $options);

This change was made in a few other places but not in install/index.php

Marius

Catzwolf
  • 2003/11/6 22:25

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

I am sure that Kazu and company will look into this, maybe you could make these changes yourself, perform an 'upgrade' and see how that works.

Not really sure how CHMOD'ing files on the server would affect the database? But if it worked for you then fair enough

onokazu
  • 2003/11/7 20:09

• onokazu

• XOOPS Founder

• Since: 2001/12/13

Thanks mariuss, it was a bug in the update script as you mentioned, and I have fixed this on CVS. As for your upgraded sites, try 'update'ing the modules that have the notifications feature. That should update the config options as well.

feral1
  • 2003/11/8 6:10

• feral1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/13

Sorry to be dense, but I have a site which began at 2.03 and has been upgraded to 2.05

What precise steps should I take to upgrade this aspect of my site so the notifications set-up is as it should be?

finalfiler
  • 2003/11/8 9:49

• finalfiler

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2002/1/19

Quote:

feral1 wrote:
Sorry to be dense, but I have a site which began at 2.03 and has been upgraded to 2.05

I am just about convinced the 2.03 to 2.05 update patch breaks the installation. I am getting

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: setvalue() in ./class/xoopsform/formselect.php on line 93

all over the place.

Have now given up and commenced a complete re-install of 2.05.

regards

mariuss
  • 2003/11/9 3:51

• mariuss

• Just popping in

I just did the fix suggested by Onokazu and it worked as expected.

Go to the control panel (Administration Menu), select System Admin and then Modules. Next to the News module, in the right most column (Action), there are two buttons. Click the Update button and go through with the update. That is all.

Cheers,
Marius

Login

Who's Online

250 user(s) are online (178 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 250

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits