hightyde
cross site redirect problem? - RESOLVED!
  • 2003/10/27 23:41

• hightyde

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/11

I have a site running 2.0.3 on shared Linux server.

Everything's fine until few hours ago. I login and get the "welcome message" then get redirected to an URL that is "http://www.mysite.comhttp://www.somebodyelsesite.com".

It's basically somebody's URL tacked on to my URL! -- which of course returns an "cannot find server" error message.

I called my host to see if he can duplicate the problem with a temp username/password -- yes, he can -- so I guess it wasn't a cookie problem -- because it's the first time he has signed in to the system.

He's looking into it now too but is sure that the other URL isn't a site that they host.

Any clue what happened?

ackbarr
Re: cross site redirect problem?

check the XOOPS_URL and XOOPS_ROOT_PATH values in /mainfile.php

hightyde
Re: cross site redirect problem?
  • 2003/10/28 0:17

• hightyde

• Just popping in

Thanks, ackbarr.

They both check out fine. Everything worked fine until a few hours ago.

While the URL I'm directed to is invalid. Once I enter in my correct URL I do get to my website (and yes, the system considers me logged in) and do everything else without problem. I can also logout and be directed to my homepage URL without any problem.

hightyde
Re: cross site redirect problem? - RESOLVED!
  • 2003/10/28 0:24

• hightyde

• Just popping in

Okay, I updated the system module in the admin -> module control panel. And it fixed it.

Earlier today I deleted some file from cache (trying to force XOOPS to regenerate new cache files) perhaps something happened there to cause it.

All is well now. Thanks everyone.

Login

Who's Online

97 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 97

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits