setaside
Re: PayPal module
  • 2003/10/27 1:46

• setaside

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/24

a full fledged billing module would of course be amazing, however i'd be happy with just a quick, simple paypal payment module which does basically what draven has described, until a project like this could be realized.

so yeah, draven, if you are willing to whip up something like this when you have time, i'd definately be interested in using it! :)

gruessle
  • 2003/10/27 1:59

• gruessle

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/20

I would like what you have suggested too Draven.

In addition, good would be if the paypals site could be displayed within XOOPS center page if posible rather then opening a new page or being redirected to paypal. ONLY IF POSIBLE.
I do have something like that working on my vmclinks.com XOOPS side for a search engine. If you need code samples let me know.

tom
  • 2003/10/27 2:18

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

@ Draven

I realise this is a massive project to start and would bring a lot to xoops.

I simply posted my posts from the XMDT site and devs are aware of what people including myself want but it comes down to time, there just not enough of it :).

Any way if you are willing here is a cut down list of features I personaly would like to see.

+ Paypal + NoChex options <-- Benefit with Paypal currency can be changed.
+ Currency change(set in admin)
+ Auto move groups to specified groups dependant on what subscription group they signed to.(set in admin)
+ a choice of bi-yearly or year or both. (set in admin)
+ If not renewed a auto move groups back to free member
+ E-mail admin/user when subscription is about to end (Set in admin

I would be interested in knowing any progress of any work done on this type of module.

Thanks
Tim

ffabris
  • 2003/10/27 2:58

• ffabris

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/4

I would love to see something like this as well! In fact, after searching fruitlessly for over a week, I'd pretty much given up and decided to learn PHP to do it myself.

All I need is basic subscription, with IPN so that the XOOPS site is "aware" that the user is now a full subscriber.

My one request is that it not be limited to PayPal. I was thinking of StormPay, but others might want other processors. I'm not sure whether it would be possible to make it generic, or make the processor-specific code as small as possible so that it would be easy to clone and modify.

And if you need a tester [raises hand] I'm volunteering.

Fab

Draven
  • 2003/10/27 4:03

• Draven

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/5/28

Ok, once I'm done with the news Xoops.org design I'll start looking into making a membership module. Perhaps the best bet is to create a module which integrates sub payment modules, starting with PayPal. That way people can write their own payment submodules using the membership framework. Hmmm.

setaside
  • 2003/10/27 6:17

• setaside

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/24

awesome! i'm excited for it.
i'd recommend just starting small and then making things more complex later.

i'm sure a lot of us would be pleased with something simple for the mean time, but a whole billing system would rock it if it was realized.

tom
  • 2003/10/27 19:31

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

Excellent news, I look forward to seeing results, does this mean you will also join a module dev team? just a thought with all the new module certification coming in.

Tim

Draven
  • 2003/10/27 22:46

• Draven

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/5/28

Tom, I already am part of the Module Development Team. (We need titles for that here, hint hint.)

I'm also designing the new XOOPS global network themes. Man, I have no life. My girlfriends gonna kill me I keep this up. lol

Silvanus
  • 2003/10/27 22:49

• Silvanus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/22

just create a new user group with the appropriate settings, have a form to fill in that send u an email and gives them your paypal ID, when u get paid, change the group manually, not exactly hi tech but effective

tom
  • 2003/10/30 0:27

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

Whoops sorry mate, didn't realise.

Never mind, any way I still look forward to seeing your module, wink, wink, nudge, nudge. lol

Login

Who's Online

182 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 182

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits