gruessle
PayPal module
  • 2003/10/10 2:56

• gruessle

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/20

I would like to offer an enhanced membership for paying members.

Is there anything like that already?

Draven
Re: PayPal module
  • 2003/10/10 3:20

• Draven

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/5/28

Shouldn't be that hard. Most shopping carts use a return script, meaning you can declare a script that is to be run after the payment is accepted. Simply create a script that changes a members group from a non-paying to paying and include some type of referrer check to ensure someone isn't trying to call the script directly.

gruessle
  • 2003/10/10 3:24

• gruessle

• Friend of XOOPS

There is no way I could do that on my own.
Can you help me with something like that?

gruessle
  • 2003/10/26 13:09

• gruessle

• Friend of XOOPS

Just checking again if maybe someone has now time to help me out here.

setaside
  • 2003/10/26 21:48

• setaside

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/24

yeah that would definately rock if someone could make a module or a hack/quick script to do something like this.

hell, i'd even pay ya a bit for one.

tom
  • 2003/10/26 22:13

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

This is not a new request, I've asked for a module like this for a long time, and some one even started the project over at the XMDT site, but due to personal issues, the dev had to step down for a while and nothing else happened.

At the moment, I offer subscriptions using OSC, they pay there, then I move them into a new group with extra privliges.

Hope this is of some help.

Also maybe worth seraching the forums, theres been some good info on this subject.

Tim Bowers

Draven
  • 2003/10/26 22:49

• Draven

• Module Developer

Ok, layout the features you're looking for here and maybe I'll whip together a module. Are you basically looking for a module to handle pay memberships? Something like...

1. user clicks subscription module link
2. goes to paypal and pays
3. comes back and user group is changed to new "pay" group
4. Http referrer checks to make sure they came from the paypal site?

Something like that?

Such a module would then have an admin area to enter paypal number, referring page, new group to assign etc..

Sound about right?

Paypal even has a recurring membership option.

Quote:
PayPal Subscriptions and Recurring Payments lets you accept recurring payments for your service. Your subscribers will be able to subscribe quickly and securely from PayPal hosted payment pages where they can make initial payments (if necessary) and set up any future payments for the subscription.

tom
  • 2003/10/26 22:56

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

I posted a lot of info on the XMDT site but here is that info again for what I would like:

Quote:
User:

Main Menu:

Subscription - Main subscribe forum.
----+ Subscription types - Description of the different subscriptions which can be set and written via Admin
----+ Information - Area for information possibly info on payment methods like Paypal, NoChex, World Pay, etc. also through check/postal order - Business address set in the admin.
----+ Account - Check current account - if free then acount would not have expire date, if paid it would list how many days until subscription expires,eg, free (info set from admin on free areas and features), Bronze (info set from admin on Bronze areas and features), etc.
----+ Renew - Renew options

Admin

+ Payment Methods - Option to allow 1 or multiple payment methods, ie Nochex, Paypal, World Pay, etc also Check/Postal Order - Address set in options.
+ Business Address and phone number, which can be displayed in information area and when some chooses to pay via check/postal (if they pay like this, then there account is not active until set via admin, so we can allow check to clear)
+ Payment Currencies - Choose to allow 1 or multiple, GBP, USD, etc,
+ Packages - Setup new subscription packages - Option to chose how long this packages lasts for maybe be allow to choose more than one option, like 4 weeks, 6 months, 1 year, 2years, etc
-------+ Setup features for each subscription package, plus details for every feature is required.
+ Edit main subscription form, for example add require fields like phone number, or a box for more info, after makeing the new box choose if it is required or not (Have a look at thehttp://www.brandycoke.com Liase module, it's a contact form where you can create fields make them required or not)
+ Accounts - Be able to set up new accounts manualy, authorise accounts if they pay via check, check account details and modify account details, remove acounts from subscription, send out renewal e-mails (option to print to send via post)
+ Allow customers to auto renew or manual renew, varies on payment method.

When account it set up, the user will auto be moved (Unless paying with check/postal order) to the group for that subscription type, so you can set up diff groups for diff types of subscription, there name will still remain in the free reg group as well, then if they don't renew there name is removed from the subscription group, but obviously left in the free membergroup.

I think this covers every thing I was thinking off, lol hope this helps in the development of this most excellent module to be.

Some maybe duplicated here but is from another post on the XMDT site:

Quote:
User Features:
* automated approval for user/members
* tied into the XOOPS User profile page for editing of info
* automatic renewal of memberships
* able set which memberships are renewable and which are not
* able to use PayPal
* able to use NoChex

Admin Features:
* able to activate and de-activate users on demand
* able to send bills out to customers on demand
* automatic ban to users for violating set number of ip's
* user account automatically switched to in-active if delequent on payment
* able to activate and deactive types of payments on demand
users/members password request form
* able to view active, inactive, and awaiting approval accounts
* able to search for members by username, e-mail address, first name, or last name (tied in to the XOOPS members piece)
* customization of module is done in admin
* able set which memberships are renewable and which are not

And another:

Quote:
+ User Fields - Ability to create new user fields like address, phone number, and make them required if you wish.
+ User Fields - Ability to delete
+ Check/Postal Order - Allow members to select this option of payment and provide them with a snail mail address for the business, there accounts will then need to be activated by the admin once the check has cleared.
+ World Pay - This payment solution would also benefit a lot of people.

Quote:

Allow admin to choose if he wants auto renewal to be the only option for members or if they have a choice between that and manual.

User:
+ Allow members to view the information pages of the module, but force them to register first before signing up for subscription membership, maybe also a option to sign upto the site and subscription in one go.
+ Account area - Account info area for subscription members so they can check there account and any info, eg, when subscription runs out, if they set to manual subscription then a option to renew in advance.

Also maybe a affialiate feature would be cool.

+ Coupons - The admin could set a coupon code or muli-codes up and then give them out to be used once or how ever many times they wish, which would be a good thing to send out to people that used to subscribe but no longer do, you could offer them a discount to come back.

I've done enough babbling and typo's now lol.

Hope this helps, I look forward to seeing any progress on this module.

Sorry for the long post.

Tim

Draven
  • 2003/10/26 23:07

• Draven

• Module Developer

Well it's a whole other ball game if you want to get into a billing module (Account creation, suspension, invoicing, payment gateway options etc..), which is basically what you outlined above. Just trying to keep up with all the gateways is a full time job. A simple paypal membership is quite easy (they pay and have there group changed), but going the full nine yards and creating a "Modernbill" type application is much more difficult.

Might want to suggest this at the module teams site (or I will). Perhaps it's something we can look into after we update all the current modules.

setaside
  • 2003/10/27 1:45

• setaside

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/24

a full fledged billing module would of course be amazing, however i'd be happy with just a quick, simple paypal payment module which does basically what draven has described, until a project like this could be realized.

so yeah, draven, if you are willing to whip up something like this when you have time, i'd definately be interested in using it! :)

Login

Who's Online

202 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 202

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits