lubdub
Limiting search ability
  • 2003/10/26 21:53

• lubdub

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/2/28

A suggestion for the feature you might want to add to the next version:
if member X is not allowed to access module Y, XOOPS shouldn't bother running the search function for Y when X makes a request (this would display results, even if those results are not accessible, the fact that the information is partially shown is already something that should be hidden))

Well...

Reading this afterwards, it seems oddly written...

tom
Re: Limiting search ability
  • 2003/10/26 22:20

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

mmmmm this is interesting, I think you have a good point, however I like it the way it is, you see I offer subscriptions and I like the idea of free members (reg members) searching for the content they need and seeing it in a subscription area, this is more of a incentive for them to join. Even when guests search they may see info in the free areas (reg members/area) which is also a incentive for them to join normal membership.

But this is of course only how I like it, many others may feel the same like you and would be interesting to hear what everyone thinks.

Tim

feral1
Re: Limiting search ability
  • 2003/10/31 13:08

• feral1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/13

I think the suggestion is excellent, and it would help solve some of my issues.

I'd like quite a complex set-up, with different groups able to access different modules - and only be able to search the modules applicable to them.

Ideally, the feature should be switchable on and off - then everyone's needs would be served.

Login

Who's Online

251 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 251

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits