holo2
installing problem
  • 2003/10/18 14:47

• holo2

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/18

Could not write into mainfile.php. Please check the file permission and try again.

everything is fine till i hit this stage.

thx in advance

i run win xp pro and use iis

dawilby
Re: installing problem
  • 2003/10/18 15:05

• dawilby

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/1/3 0

holo2:

Browse in your Windoze Explorer to the mainfile.php --> rightclick on that file and click on the security tab. Look for the |usr line and select that.

You will see that the option to write is not checked so do that, confirm with ok. Continue with your installation...

You also need to make the "cache, template_c and upload" directorys writable...

holo2
  • 2003/10/18 16:00

• holo2

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/18

first when i right click i see properties and i uncheked read only mainfile.php but for the dir cache, upload and templates_c i cant seem to be able for some reason.i unselect read only but it never does also this is the error that shows on top of my page Warning: copy(../mainfile.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied....\xoops\html\install\class\mainfilemanager.php on line 52

thx again

dawilby
  • 2003/10/19 19:05

• dawilby

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/1/3 0

You have to look at your permissions, unchecking read only won't solve the problem...

Rightclick the cache, templates_c and upload dir and click on the tab security --> this can have a comletely different name but i don't know your language.

There should be a account with the name "Internet Guest Account" if not you have to add it to the root dir of your XOOPS website. Select this name/account.

The Internet Guest Account always has a name like this: Internet Guest Account(YOURPCNAME|USR_YOURPCNAME)
The permissions for this account should include "write"

ackbarr

for users of Windows 2000, this answer is also true. However, the user for IIS on these machines is "IUSR_<COMPUTER NAME>"

Login

Who's Online

215 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 215

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits