kangaroo
Re: Any Malaysia Xoops there?
  • 2003/9/26 15:38

• kangaroo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/24

Good to be critical as some thoughts must be given to why one would put some effort into such a project. For me I see such a project as a good way to connect Malaysian who are interested in exploring XOOPS as a CMS. It will be good if some "Made in Malaysia" modules or themes can come out from people helping people in open source development effort. I am no programmer or designer but enjoy using technology for connecting people together.

Perhaps we can start sharing and refining our thoughts on objectives or vision before embarking on it.

darapera
  • 2003/9/26 15:42

• darapera

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/22

Agreed. I'm not offended by catscity's comments. Just trying to say the objective of the site could be different from what we all think. So if we're serious we need to figure it out as mentioned in my 2nd post.

kangaroo
  • 2003/9/26 16:53

• kangaroo

• Just popping in

Darapera, yes we can think out of the box. Did some researching to understand what is happening locally in the CMS scene. Below are 2 links. Could be more.

http://mynuke.canggih.net/
http://www.phpnuke.com.my/

Lets be creative, ideas incubate and maybe a new approach that can differentiate. Hope other people can respond also to see if a "team" can emerge.

Time for sweet dreams!!

Lance95
  • 2003/9/26 18:10

• Lance95

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/9 2

just a gathering of developers ...
sharing ideas and so , as in creating modules and stuff , it takes time

bobtahar
  • 2003/9/26 18:15

• bobtahar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/18

Haria! Penang Online is now using XOOPS and loving it.

Another site I found is Gamers Union Malaysia.

kangaroo
  • 2003/9/27 0:35

• kangaroo

• Just popping in

Dreams overs ... back to work.

Good. As we dig out people, organisation, companies that are using XOOPS we are doing what could be one objective of Malaysia XOOPS - showing real example how Malaysian are moving into ICT. If it can be a virtual meeting place for forums, discussion, sharing of tips, distribution of MIM (Made in M )themes/modules it will attract more people including endusers, developers, programmers, designers, etc.

Maybe it can become a "Pasar Xoops" for real open and legal trading and exchanges of intellectual/knowledge properties.

knight
  • 2003/9/27 6:25

• knight

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/12/29

Geez, its been few day since my last login ( most of the time i just browse too without login), so sorry for the late reply.

first of all, thanx for darapera and kangaroo support.
those site which kangaroo provide i saw before, when i saw those site i was thinking even phpnuke can have msia site, why don't we make a msia XOOPS site?

i have this idea since i learning how to use xoops, its been around 10 month with XOOPS and it seem there is getting more msian using xoops, so i just try to suggest here and see hows the respone

as lance95 say just wish to gather some msia developer and share the idea.

p/s i did develop module for my own site use and lance is our site theme designer ..

kangaroo
  • 2003/9/27 7:39

• kangaroo

• Just popping in

Knight, for every action there and many reactions!!
If the feeling is there we need to see if we can create an identity ( e.g PasarXoops or ? ) and to draft a mission/objective statement. I notice we believe sharing is a primary goal and a site where newbies to expert are at home.

I have not runned a site using XOOPS but have tried to play around with it before. Like the feel and functionality. Themes need more polishing.

I notice lance95 is from Melaka which is my hometown also.

limecity
  • 2003/9/27 8:02

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

darapera and others,

You all got a good point there. no hard feelings on my previous post. Let start this Malaysian XOops site. How do we start? Here are some stuff we need to discuss.

-name of the XOOPS site
-find a host
-find sponsors for host
-create a team and assign post to members

-end-

darapera
  • 2003/9/28 3:12

• darapera

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/22

Quote:
no hard feelings on my previous post.

Most certainly Catscity it was not a rebuttal :). I do like the sites pointed out kangaroo.

hosting I believe I can provide.

Login

Who's Online

273 user(s) are online (165 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 273

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits