gronice
WebSlave Project - a project managment tool
  • 2003/7/31 21:21

• gronice

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/31

Hi,

I've made a project managing module.
It's a clone of the Incyte Project Manager (http://sf.net/projects/ipm/).

At the moment it's only in german, but the original is english. So I think the english version will be up soon, too.

Hope it helps somebody here.

Have fun
G'Ron

gronice
Re: WebSlave Project - a project managment tool
  • 2003/8/1 11:21

• gronice

• Just popping in

Ok, the english version is completed.

Some minor bugs are also fixed.

Download v.0.5.2

ackbarr

I was looking forward to the english version of this module. I will download it and test it out today

Thanks!

hsalazar
  • 2003/8/1 15:17

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

gronice:

A question? Why do you include in the stylesheet selectors that override the user's theme? I understand the need to define selectors for specific outputs, but including definitions for body and many other items wreaks havoc with the site's style. The good point is this is in turn easily overriden.

As for the rest, I think a project management module was sorely needed. Thanks for sharing this with the XOOPS community!

rabideau
  • 2003/8/1 15:59

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

Senor Salazar,

For those of us for whom messing with style sheets is not easy...

Would you be kind enough to make the modified version available?

Thank you!

gronice
  • 2003/8/1 17:23

• gronice

• Just popping in

I'd use the original style of IPM and didn't changed this up to now, cause it wasn't necessary for myself.

But if you had changed it, it would be nice if I could include it and avoid this problems for other user.

hsalazar
  • 2003/8/1 17:31

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

gronice, rabideau:

When I said "easy" I meant "not difficult"; yet it's a detailed work, because I have to go through every template. Mostly the idea is to get rid of the specific stylesheet and use Xoops' general one.

At the moment I've successfully changed the first template. If you want to take a look at it, clic here (this is the english version, so many tags are in English. Still have to apply the multilingual hack to the files.

If you click on any other link, you'll see the original style of the module.

I'll go on changing templates, and if it's alright with you, as soon as I have them ready, I'll post it here.

Greetings.

hsalazar
  • 2003/8/1 19:55

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

gronice:

I'm almost done. But I found a problem. In a project, if I finish all tasks and click on Complete project, there was a "?" missing, so I put it in. But now, when clicking on the link, I get these messages:

NoticeUndefined indexstartdate in /home/mesadepr/public_html/modules/wsproject/class/core.php on line 419

Notice
Undefined indexenddate in /home/mesadepr/public_html/modules/wsproject/class/core.php on line 419

Notice
strtotime(): Called with empty time parameter in /home/mesadepr/public_html/modules/wsproject/class/functions.php on line 29

Notice
strtotime(): Called with empty time parameter in /home/mesadepr/public_html/modules/wsproject/class/functions.php on line 30

Notice
strtotime(): Called with empty time parameter in /home/mesadepr/public_html/modules/wsproject/class/functions.php on line 30

Notice
Undefined indextodo in /home/mesadepr/public_html/modules/wsproject/class/core.php on line 420

Other than this, I'm almost ready to repack the module without any reference to another stylesheet. I also added a couple of language constants for the page that shows a project.

Please take a look at the progress in http://host78.ipowerweb.com/~mesadepr/modules/wsproject/ and tell me what do you think.

Greetings!

P. S.: Found another problem. Can't give access to the module to anonymous users. Gives me a message stating that:

Fatal errorCall to a member function on a non-object in /home/mesadepr/public_html/modules/wsproject/class/core.php on line 372

Ooops.

gronice
  • 2003/8/1 20:13

• gronice

• Just popping in

Yes I know there are still some bugs and not implementet features.
The links with out a ? are such things.
What did you mean with "couple of language constants"? I thought I'd translate everything. Had something been missing?

I'll test some new stuff and will upload it in some minutes I think.

I've had to change something in the templates, but winmerge will help me to include your changes i think.

Looks nice your work.

I didn't thougt this modul will be this interessting

Very nice to see

Best regards

G'Ron

hsalazar
  • 2003/8/1 20:21

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

Gronice:

I'm adding here a snapshot of how the showProject.html looks displayed. I've marked in red a couple of subtitles I've added to the template, so I had to add language constants to display them correctly. This is the image:
Resized Image
I still don't know why Anonymous users can't see the project module. I set the permissions in their group...
Anyway, if you have an answer or an idea, please let me know so I can correct things.
By the way: in my site you can change the language on the fly by using the selector in the top left corner.
Cheers.

Login

Who's Online

229 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 229

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits