tanya
Re: Document Management System (DMS) : Error
  • 2003/7/2 20:20

• tanya

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/25

Hi cking,
Coul you please tell me what you put for your directory path and what kind of permissions you set on that directory? I am just loosing my patience with this already.

Also, ritraff: When I create a new folder through DMS, does it add something to the directory itself? I now have a folder named "1" in there.

Thanks in advance, guys!

rifraff
  • 2003/7/3 13:33

• rifraff

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/16

Quote:

tanya wrote:
Hi cking,
Coul you please tell me what you put for your directory path and what kind of permissions you set on that directory? I am just loosing my patience with this already.

Also, ritraff: When I create a new folder through DMS, does it add something to the directory itself? I now have a folder named "1" in there.

Thanks in advance, guys!

Hello,

I have my "Document storage path" listed as "/var/www/xoops/modules/dms/repository"

It is fine to set the Document Storage Tuning to 1000

You can set the DMS Page Title to anything you want.

On my system, it will work if the dms directory is set to root permissions or nobody permissions. See what is working for the permissions in your XOOPS directory and set your document repository directory to the same.

If you have a "1" in the document repository directory, then the DMS is creating the subdirectory structure...so it has access to the repository. Are you selecting a file to upload and are you entering a version? The next release should no longer allow you to enter a blank version number.

Regards,

Brian
(rifraff)

rifraff
  • 2003/7/3 13:36

• rifraff

• Just popping in

Quote:

ammbr wrote:
Dear all,

Installing DMS is no problem but I cannot add any document.
I always receive the following error.

Error: Unable to move file.
SP:/tmp/phpynkCAa
DP:http://marbro.dev-c.nl/modules/dms/repository/1/1/1/1800001

Can anyone help me out ???

kind regards,
Marc Broeckx

Don't use a URL as your destination path. It has to be a directory such as /var/www/xoops/dms/repository.

Regards,

Brian Reifsnyder

rifraff
  • 2003/7/3 13:37

• rifraff

• Just popping in

Quote:

ammbr wrote:
Yes,

But I have the same problem.
I wonder if there is someone out there who uses DMS without any problem ?

Marc

Works fine for me!

tanya
  • 2003/7/3 15:16

• tanya

• Just popping in

Hey Brian! Just to let you know, setting the DMS Page Title doesn't work. Last time when I installed and played with DMS, I actually had to manually put in a select query to pull the "title" out of the database. then it worked fine. I'm gonna have to do that again, as soon as I figure I the major problem (of adding a file)

rifraff
  • 2003/7/3 19:14

• rifraff

• Just popping in

Hello,

What page didn't the title display on? There may have been a couple missed in version 0.4. I am working on version 0.5 now and have fixed those pages, improved the document versioning, and I am now working on a search feature.

Regards,

Brian

Quote:

tanya wrote:
Hey Brian! Just to let you know, setting the DMS Page Title doesn't work. Last time when I installed and played with DMS, I actually had to manually put in a select query to pull the "title" out of the database. then it worked fine. I'm gonna have to do that again, as soon as I figure I the major problem (of adding a file)

tanya
  • 2003/7/4 18:14

• tanya

• Just popping in

Thanks for your hard work and support! I still cannot figure out what the heck is wrong with my module here, but I'm trying to work on something else... can you by any chance tell me the expression to use for updating a row in my table? It's the weirdest thing. I think i'm using the right expression, but it doesn't work!

$result = $xoopsDB->query("UPDATE %s SET fileIsIn = %u, usedBy = %s WHERE fileid = %u", $xoopsDB->prefix("filecheckout"), $checkout, $usedBy, $fid);

any ideas? It won't even update the database!

ammbr
  • 2003/7/5 7:37

• ammbr

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/30

I changed my destination path to a directory, I've set all the privileges to all the directories in the path to 777, and still I get the same error. I must be missing something fundamental to the module...!!
I also have a question about the version, must I fill it in, can it also be blank. Should it all be integer numbers when filled in. Are subdirectories automatically created for every level ?

Thanks,
Marc.

adamsmar
  • 2003/8/30 9:19

• adamsmar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/28

I'm getting this message:

Quote:
Error: Unable to move file.
SP:/tmp/phpg6d1et
DP:var/www/html/modules/dms/repository/1/1/1/800001

What do I set these to?
DMS Page Title: <anything, I get it>
Document storage path: <this is what I put: var/www/html/modules/dms/repository>
Document Storage Tuning: 1000
Template Root Directory ID: <what do I type here?>

mriva
  • 2003/9/24 13:04

• mriva

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/5 1

I think you have to put your / before var as /var/www/html/modules....

but anyways for me it didn't solve the problem. I'm using the new 0.5 version and I get the same error.

my settings:

DMS Configuration:

DMS Page Title: Document Management System
Document storage path: /www/test/xoops/modules/dms/repository
Document Storage Tuning: 1000
Template Root Directory ID: "nothing here"

my repository directory has 777 for permissions so I don't know what else to try

anybody???

Login

Who's Online

223 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 223

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits