Lupin
JQuery problems for MAC OS ?
  • 2020/1/9 20:53

• Lupin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/1 2

Xoops 2.5.11 , PHP 7.2 , MySql 5.6.44 , xswatch theme.

My co-admin works with a MAC ( MAC OS Hih Sierra 10.13.6) and I had some probs with his account , but at first I was thinking of some of his mistakes (he is not an expert on portals) ...
Yesterday, however, a constant error occurred: loading a change in the text of a publisher article, this was not loaded! It seemed impossible that this would happen because I could do it correctly (Windows 10).

I asked him to make the same changes with a tablet and a smartphone and the changes were made without problems.
Obviously I started thinking that it could be a problem with the O.S. of his MAC ... but for what reason ??? And why in loading situations?

Then I had an intuition and I made an attempt: I disabled the jGrowl redirect and asked him to repeta tests : his MAC resumed normal functionality. Do you have news of MAC problems with JQuery?

Pino

geekwright
Re: JQuery problems for MAC OS ?

I've not heard anything about Mac specific jQuery issues, but I have a possible explanation for odd jQuery behavior when jgrowl is involved.

This patch was made quite recently:https://github.com/XOOPS/XoopsCore25/pull/759

All the Bootstrap based themes need to load jQuery before the Bootstrap code. Most older themes didn't need jQuery, so when there was a message to display with jgrowl (that depends on jquery,) the load of the jquery.js file was added. That resulted in two copies of jQuery being loaded. Anything that had already referenced the first copy could experience unexpected behavior. Lot of things would happily latch on to the second copy, so lots of things would work, but not everything.

The hack patch mentioned above does the load from javascript in the browser after checking if jQuery has already been loaded. That makes everything use the same copy, solving some odd issues.

The browser console log might offer more precise clues as to what is failing in your case, but the first suggestion is to update to the current master of XOOPS 2.5.11.

While there could be differences based on the OS, the Safari browser could also be a factor if it is involved. I don't currently have direct access to a Mac for testing, so I depend on report like yours. Thanks!

Lupin
  • 2020/1/10 16:22

• Lupin

• Just popping in

TYVM geekwright !

of course I will apply the patch and I wil ask my friend to repeat tests.

I will return the report.

Pino

Lupin
  • 2020/1/15 19:41

• Lupin

• Just popping in

We believe that the problems with Jquery is just a coincidence ... instead, a problem with the publisher module doesn't seem to be a coincidence.
When I have more data I will post in the related category.

Pino

Lupin
  • 2020/1/16 15:34

• Lupin

• Just popping in

Login

Who's Online

186 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 186

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits