Lupin
Latestnews : No categories in selection panel ...
  • 2019/8/11 10:53

• Lupin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/1 2

Xoops 2.5.10 (final)
News module 1.72 beta2 ( master )
Latestnews module 0.73 (master )
PHP 7.2
MySql 5.5.62

No categories in selection panel ... this should be the only reason because only title appears on module page ... Is there any adaptation to be done before - during or after the installation?

I'm also very interested in the possibility of doubling the block: are there instructions on how to do it correctly?

Ty
Pino

zyspec
Re: Latestnews : No categories in selection panel ...
  • 2019/8/11 22:25

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

@Pino,

You might try to use Mamba's update of version 0.73 of Latestnews (https://github.com/mambax7/latestnews/) to see if it gets you any closer. He made some updates to get rid of pass-by-reference errors that could be causing you issues with PHP 7.x.

Turn on XOOPS debug to see if it gives you errors (and post them back here) to try and narrow down where the issue might be.

Lupin
  • 2019/8/12 12:42

• Lupin

• Just popping in

Hi zyspec ,

ok, with the latest version you suggest me, I have the categories selection and , of course, the block works well.
I can also adit the module BUT I CANNOT REACH PERMISSION PAGE in administrator section.

I read : *Error : Error: Class 'XoopsGroupPermForm' not found*

As I wrote editing pages works , but in "Block edit" I read by debug :

Errors
Warning: Use of undefined constant _AM_XTUBE_VISIBLEIN - assumed '_AM_XTUBE_VISIBLEIN' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in file /modules/latestnews/admin/blockform.php line 40
Warning: Use of undefined constant _AM_TITLE - assumed '_AM_TITLE' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in file /modules/latestnews/admin/blockform.php line 51
Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /modules/latestnews/admin/blockform.php line 67
Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /modules/latestnews/admin/blockform.php line 98

A question pair :

1) How I may double the block ? ( I need two colums with 2 different queries ..)
2) The module has comments, but I need "vote" too ... it could be possible to implement this function ?

Ty

Pino

Also for this module I could give a little help ( if wanted ) in "lang_ita"

Lupin
  • 2019/8/12 14:50

• Lupin

• Just popping in

... and the block is absolutaly NOT responsive in multicolumns version ... I think it is not important to give a lot of columns ( 1-2 , max 4 is enough ) but in a responsive world is mandatory a responsive template

The template can be improved too for a better readability ... the same I saw for the new block "Render a list of topics" ...

Pino

zyspec
  • 2019/8/12 16:25

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

@Pino

I made some minor changes to the module that should allow it to work a little better for you.

I submitted the changes to Mamba but until he gets a chance to accept the pull request you can see what I've done athttps://github.com/zyspec/latestnews and try it out.

Unfortunately I do not have time to replace the HTML marquee tag in the block with something more 'modern' (HTML5 translate[X/Y] to make the block more responsive.

Hope this helps. Please report back on what you find so we can continue to improve the module when time permits.

Mamba
  • 2019/8/13 8:51

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Zyspec,

thank you so much for taking a look into the module and fixing some of the issues.

I've uploaded some of the changes I was working on recently (i.e. namespaces), and you and Pino might test both News and LatestNews:

https://github.com/mambax7/news

https://github.com/mambax7/latestnews

Please report here any bugs that you find...
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Lupin
  • 2019/8/13 11:04

• Lupin

• Just popping in

of course I will do it ! ...

Mamba
  • 2019/8/13 12:56

• Mamba

I would also suggest to migrate to Publisher, as News will not be maintained anymore in the future...

"Latest News" block is already part of Publisher...
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Lupin
  • 2019/8/13 16:03

• Lupin

• Just popping in

Oh... interesting ... I had already downloaded the latest versions of other "content" modules (mastop-go and soapbox as well as publisher) to try them out, now I'll try to speed up these tests

Thank you

Pino

P.S. anyway I will post ASAP my new considerations about latestnews module

Mamba
  • 2019/8/13 23:59

• Mamba

mastop-go and soapbox will not be maintained in the future.

The main focus is on Publisher, and that's what we recommend to use....
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Login

Who's Online

140 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 140

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits