Mamba
Re: extCal 2.37 Final: problem with printing events
  • 2013/7/27 18:50

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

That's helpful. I'll look into it this weekend.
Where did you get the 2.22 version from? I just want to make sure that I have the same version when I test the upgrade from 2.22 to 2.37
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

SMEDrieben
Re: extCal 2.37 Final is released
  • 2013/7/27 19:22

• SMEDrieben

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2009/6/17

That is long ago........ I think from www.zoullou.net. Actually, I cannot find the original ZIP-file (I have to look into my system backups). I can make a copy of my 2.22-production files.

During the last few years, I changed some php-scripts because of a date issue and a version check (built in by Zoullou). All changes were described in the forum at this site. I didn't make changes in the database.

So, if necessary, I'll send you the files.

Thanks !

SMEDrieben

Mamba
  • 2013/7/28 9:10

• Mamba

SMDrieben,

I tested it and I cannot reproduce it.

These are my steps:

- install fresh extCal 2.22
- add couple of one-day events
- check the events if they work properly
- copy over files from extCal 2.37
- run update of the module
- clear XOOPS cache in Maintenance (modules/system/admin.php?fct=maintenance)
- go to the user side and check the events

Everything works fine

You can do one of two things:

1) you can email me the extCal 2.22 files you have, plus your extCal tables from your Database so I can install it exactly as you have it

2) you give me access to your site so I can check out what is going on over there. You can send me PM to let me know.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

SMEDrieben
  • 2013/7/28 11:50

• SMEDrieben

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2009/6/17

Dear Mamba,

Thanks for the work !

Quote:

These are my steps:

- install fresh extCal 2.22
- add couple of one-day events
- check the events if they work properly
- copy over files from extCal 2.37
- run update of the module
- clear XOOPS cache in Maintenance (modules/system/admin.php?fct=maintenance)
- go to the user side and check the events

I did all those steps, although the fresh install was done in the past. The other steps were repeated by me these days in Xoops 2.5.6.

Since I discovered that new events submitted in 2.37 don't have this problem, I tried to find out what happens after modifying events submitted in 2.22 (e.g. only one space added or so). And... after modifying, printing works normal. I think I will modify future events in this way, assuming that visitors won't print past events.

What about the day names issue ? I solved this in a amateurish way by adding 7 Ifs in the extcal_view_calendar-month.html (around line 15) and extcal_view_calendar-week.tml:

<tr style="text-align:center;" class="head">
        <{
foreachq item=weekdayName from=$weekdayNames}>
        <
td><{if $weekdayName=="Sunday"}>Zondag<{/if}>
            <{if 
$weekdayName=="Monday"}>Maandag<{/if}>
            <{if 
$weekdayName=="Tuesday"}>Dinsdag<{/if}>
            <{if 
$weekdayName=="Wednesday"}>Woensdag<{/if}>
            <{if 
$weekdayName=="Thursday"}>Donderdag<{/if}>
            <{if 
$weekdayName=="Friday"}>Vrijdag<{/if}>
            <{if 
$weekdayName=="Saturday"}>Zaterdag<{/if}>
<!--        <{
$weekdayName}>
-->
        </
td>
        <{/foreach}>

There has to be a way to get those names from the language files.

Thanks !

SMEDrieben

vmax2extreme

Update: I have noticed that my root page is now a blank white page. I reverted back to 2.22 and all is back to normal....

I've reloaded extcal and the same issue prevails. I turned on debug and thees are the errors:

Errors
Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in file /xoops_data/caches/smarty_compile/47767670-extcal-ixt0270456harley-default^%%48^48C^48C1C48F%%cpanel.html.php line 358
Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in file /xoops_data/caches/smarty_compile/47767670-extcal-ixt0270456harley-default^%%48^48C^48C1C48F%%cpanel.html.php line 364
Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in file /xoops_data/caches/smarty_compile/47767670-extcal-ixt0270456harley-default^%%48^48C^48C1C48F%%cpanel.html.php line 370
Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in file /xoops_data/caches/smarty_compile/47767670-extcal-ixt0270456harley-default^%%48^48C^48C1C48F%%cpanel.html.php line 376
Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in file /xoops_data/caches/smarty_compile/47767670-extcal-ixt0270456harley-default^%%48^48C^48C1C48F%%cpanel.html.php line 382
Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in file /xoops_data/caches/smarty_compile/47767670-extcal-ixt0270456harley-default^%%48^48C^48C1C48F%%cpanel.html.php line 388

I have cleared all my cache and the errors still exist.

Mamba
  • 2013/7/28 13:05

• Mamba

Quote:

These are all errors coming from Cache, so I am afraid, the Cache clearing didn't work.

How did you do the cache clearing? Can you provide exact steps?
Support XOOPS => DONATE

vmax2extreme

Quote:

Mamba wrote:
Quote:

These are all errors coming from Cache, so I am afraid, the Cache clearing didn't work.

How did you do the cache clearing? Can you provide exact steps?

System options > maintenance > clean cache folder > hightlighted 3 folders > send to perform the job successfully

Mamba
  • 2013/7/28 13:19

• Mamba

@ SMEDrieben
Quote:
Since I discovered that new events submitted in 2.37 don't have this problem, I tried to find out what happens after modifying events submitted in 2.22 (e.g. only one space added or so). And... after modifying, printing works normal. I think I will modify future events in this way, assuming that visitors won't print past events.

I'll have to check on this and get back to you.

Quote:
What about the day names issue ?

I looked into it, but there are no "hard-coded" weekday names, so I didn't investigated further. I thought, that there might be missing the names in your local language.

After your current info, I looked into it and this is what is happening:

calendar-month.php calls on line 157 to get the names:
$weekNames Calendar_Util_Textual::weekdayNames();day

The function "Calendar_Util_Textual" is part of PEAR, and it should provide the correct weekday names. I guess, I'll have to install a German version of XOOPS and test it there.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Mamba
  • 2013/7/29 7:23

• Mamba

Quote:

This is what is happening:

the developer who wrote an update to extCal 2.28 set default for event_etablissement to 1, i.e. all old entries have now the new field "event_etablissement" added to them with the value 1. But there is no corresponding location in the table "_extcal_etablissement", so this generates an error.

The best way is to go to phpMyAdmin and change all "old" entries for "event_etablissement" to 0.

I have updated it now in SVN.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Mamba
  • 2013/7/29 12:26

• Mamba

Quote:
What about the day names issue ?

I've installed a German version of XOOPS 2.5.6, and when I switch to German in the Admin's Preferences, the weekdays are correctly shown in German.

The PEAR function "Calendar_Util_Textual::weekdayNames" uses "strftime" to get the name of the day:

$day strftime($formats[$format], $stamp);

The strftime takes the "setlocale" to call the weekday name in the appropriate language.

In XOOPS, the "setlocale" is set to German in the /language/german/locale.php:

setlocale(LC_ALL'de_DE');

So if you have set the language in Preferences to German, it should retrieve the German names of weekdays.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits