wingrider101
Common Utilities - RMcommon - 500 errors and/or blank pages

Posted in Common Utilities Announcement in news also:

Xoops 2.5.5 on Unix Apache server hosted on Arvixe. Installed Common Utilities 2.1.70 rmcommon module, dtransport, and forum modules - All worked fine. Problem: Common Utilities appeared in Menu - Solution: went into Common Utilities Control Panel and toggled "Appears in Menu" option from Checkmark to Big red X.

Whamo - Internal server error 500 on all pages - main, admin, rmcommon direct.

So, went in with PHPMyAdmin and toggled all the 0's for display module in menu back to 1s. No more Internal server error 500, but no all are BLANK pages. The usual Blank Page remedies do not fix it. Looking over the code now, but frankly am not much of a PHP guru.

At this time, my web site (dleinc.org) for a non-profit organization is bricked, and I haven't got a clue. Will post in forum if that is better, but which one? RedMexico forums are all spanish - mi espanol es poquito (see?). Any Xoops ORG folks who may have a clue, I am all ears. Nice folks who need the site are of course worried, as am I.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Mamba
Re: Common Utilities - RMcommon - 500 errors and/or blank pages
  • 2013/3/1 18:36

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Sorry to say that, but both DTransport and RM Common are in Beta, and they should not be installed on a Production site, unless you are aware of the risks and able to fix any issues that might result from a Beta.

Did you do a backup of the site before you've installed them?

The best way might be to just reinstall your backup, and test the RMCommon and DTransport on a test site.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

wingrider101

Quote:

Mamba wrote:
Sorry to say that, but both DTransport and RM Common are in Beta, and they should not be installed on a Production site, unless you are aware of the risks and able to fix any issues that might result from a Beta.

Did you do a backup of the site before you've installed them?

The best way might be to just reinstall your backup, and test the RMCommon and DTransport on a test site.

Restored from backup two days ago before all was installed. Now get main page ok, but admin page blank. It's ok, site not online yet. Will contact arvixe and have them put the original image back on the site. Not sure what happened, but it's definately linked to changing the status of RMCommon from being on the menu to not being on the main menu via the module administration control panel in Common Modules. Sorry I can't be more help. Error logs don't reveal much except 404 errors on pages that are actually there. The server error log is empty.

Deleting everything but the core Xoops, - now I get to main page, but Admin page is blank. So, will nuke the whole thing and re-install from scriptaculous and see what happens. Thanks.

Mamba
  • 2013/3/1 22:23

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
Deleting everything but the core Xoops, - now I get to main page, but Admin page is blank. So, will nuke the whole thing and re-install from scriptaculous

Keep us posted on your progress.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

bitcero
  • 2013/3/2 15:20

• bitcero

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/11/26

Quote:
Whamo - Internal server error 500 on all pages - main, admin, rmcommon direct.

Generally, this error ocurrs when "rmcommon" is not registered in file for xoops system modules active. When you "deactivate" rmcommon using the modules manager xoops deletes from this file the reference to rmcommon. Then, when you enabled the module directly by changing database register, the file was not updated because of that you get the error.

How to solve this problem?

Add a new index for rmcommon to the array contained in file for active modules.

Login

Who's Online

136 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 136

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits