tony2312
myalbum, Item id error
  • 2012/11/12 21:04

• tony2312

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/11/2

Hi guys,

Me again, been stuck on this for a day or too and just cant figure out whats wrong.

xoops v2.5 and myalbum MyAlbum 3.06

When viewing the album if i select a catagory it lists the photo's and page 1 and 2, if i then
click page 2 it changes to show several pages showing all catagory's and i cant see what is on page 2 it then
gives an error at the top of the album saying "Main : error: category id not specified"

I then get an error at bottom of screen as i have error reporting turned on which says

Notice: Undefined variable: cat in file /modules/myalbum/viewcat.php line 109

Notice: Undefined variable: get_append in file /modules/myalbum/viewcat.php line 137

I also can not work out the pic numbers next to the catagory's as per the pic below, the totals just dont add upp

Resized Image

I would really appriciate any help I can get with this

tony2312
Re: myalbum, Item id error
  • 2012/11/13 20:02

• tony2312

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/11/2

Anyone have any idea, im stuck

Mamba
  • 2012/11/14 0:44

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Unfortunately, sometimes Simon is too fast in typing code, and leaves this kind of bugs.

I did check and I can confirm the issue with "Main : error: category id not specified", and bunch of the error notices. Most of the time you can ignore the notices because they are just notices for the programmer. But the "Main : error: category id not specified" issue is more serious because it shows to the user.

But I couldn't replicate the issue with number of pictures being inaccurate. I've created two categories, uploaded some pictures, and the numbers in each category and the total were correct.

Right now I don't know if anybody has the time to help you and clean-up the module, so my suggestion for you would be to switch to ExtGallery, as it seems like there are less problems with it.

Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

chaoos
  • 2012/12/17 13:38

• chaoos

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

This module is good and I used to have it. It is only normal in all galleries. Therefore, switching to another does not make sense. ExtGallery I do not like.
Until the new version 2.6.0 would have been pleased, if anyone has been updated.

Login

Who's Online

139 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 139

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits