pmarket
Re: extcal working on 2.5.4?
  • 2012/4/8 19:50

• pmarket

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/8/15

The XOOPS CMS is just that a "Content Management System" and that's all it should be!

The modules accept, store, retrieve and display information period. NOTHING MORE

So why can't XOOPS get it right!!! Now don't get me wrong I have been a long time fan, having built over forty site using twenty plus modules.

So what the problem!! Its just suppose to MANAGE the content in the data base period. And yes I know its a free open source cms but to haphazardly release a new updated PRODUCTION CMS with out fully testing is irresponsible and expecting users / members to set up there own production test site is ludicrous..

How many test sites are out there? How many do we need? there aren't that many environments. Linux / Unix / Windows / Apache

So Why So Many update? it just suppose to manage the content not affect the data that is inputted and then retrieved and displayed............ WHY?

XOOPS NEEDS A PRODUCTION TEST ENVIRONMENTS! So its members can try out the modules they use before updating too or building a new site using the latest CMS. In the last two year how many time did they get it wrong? 2.50 2.51 2.51a 2.53 2.54 and now 2.55 which will most likely have problems (bugs) affecting data storage, retrieval and display. AN XOOPS MEMBERS PRODUCTION TEST SITE would help immensely, collectively fixes would be faster and the modules would have less problems.

vmax2extreme
Re: extcal working on 2.5.4?

Upgraded to 2.5.5 RC and associated modules. All working fine now.

Login

Who's Online

228 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 228

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits