wishcraft
Re: Content Module on 2.5.4

Just upgrade to 2.16 it has the file there, you must have copied over a mal character for some reason.. Just replace your files with the ones in htdocs in X-Centre 2.16

Let me know how you go and connect to me on skype, i will help you.. My contact details are on my username profile
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

vmax2extreme

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the prompt response. I will go get 2.16 and update. I cant skype from my work since its restricted. If I need you, I will do it from home later. I will respond back shortly once I do the update.

Thanks,

Mike

Quote:

wishcraft wrote:
Just upgrade to 2.16 it has the file there, you must have copied over a mal character for some reason.. Just replace your files with the ones in htdocs in X-Centre 2.16

Let me know how you go and connect to me on skype, i will help you.. My contact details are on my username profile

wishcraft

MSN or Yahoo is also fine if you can use those at work, but just let me know how you go..

Thanks

Simon
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

vmax2extreme

Just updated to xcenter 2.16 and still same issue of blank page after update.

vmax2extreme

Upgraded to 2.5.5 RC and updated all my modules thereafter. No issues to report at this time.

biomech
Re: Xcenter Content Module on 2.5.4
  • 2013/2/21 4:27

• biomech

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/2/25

Hi guys,

I'm running Xoops 2.5.5 and have been looking for a good module for static pages. X-Center seemed like a winner, but I'm getting blank white pages, as some others in this thread have reported. I have ver. 2.15 of X-Center installed. I saw ver. 2.16 referenced above, but the Download Mirror (http://cid-6580d2a11c091017.office.live.com/browse.aspx/XOOPS%20Modules/X-Center) only has up to ver. 2.15 listed.

Where do I get 2.16?

Cheers,

- b -

Mamba
  • 2013/2/21 11:43

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

You can try this link

I have also forked that module under the name xContent, and there will be soon a new update, fixing the bugs
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

biomech
  • 2013/2/22 7:00

• biomech

• Not too shy to talk

Hey Mamba,

Thanks for your work with xContent. I've just installed it and am really liking it so far. One thing I haven't figured out yet, though, is how to keep the "Subitems Menu for xContent" block from disappearing when I click to get the actual content (ie. a "storyid" URL). In other words, when I add content it creates a link that appears in the block on the front end, but when I click on the link in the block to go to the storyid, the storyid page loads and the block with the link to it (and other content) disappears.

I've been looking through the permissions to see if I was somehow locking myself out of access to the block, but couldn't find anything.

Any idea if this is a bug or something I'm doing wrong?

- b -

xoobaru
  • 2013/2/22 16:48

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Block set to display for all pages?

I have seen this happen in custom html blocks with linked icons set to display on all pages. When clicking on the icon in the block, the module opens and the linked images went away. Go home and there they were. When not home, the block itself did display in the left column, just not the links. It was caused by a xoops path issue, where you had to use absolute paths instead.

likehttp://yoursite.com/modules/whatever/index.php

This sounds like it could have to do with how Wishcraft is setting the url for the links, and you not having the ability to set absolute paths.

biomech
  • 2013/2/22 23:22

• biomech

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks - I don't think it was a link issue in my case.
I ended up getting it to work after a lot of tweaking the user/group/block/module permissions - it took me a while to get everything playing together nicely. Just a lack of XOOPS experience on my part, I guess. (I've been using it for well over 10 years, just not on a daily basis.)

What's frustrating me at the moment is that, even though I was able to add a Page and have that show up in the block menu, the second and third pages I created don't show up in the menu. They show up in "Manage Content" in the module admin page, but not on the frontside user page. I tried to set everything the same as the link which is showing up, I even used the copy function to create a new page, but that isn't showing up either. Not sure yet why this is happening...

- b -

Login

Who's Online

221 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 221

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits