Cifug
EXTGallery Upload Error
  • 2011/12/9 2:08

• Cifug

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2007/12/13

Hi, I have no problems uploading a photo using the standard form. However when I use the extended form (java), the photos are uploading to the server/uploads/extgallery/public-photo/ folder but not displayed in the module. I get the below alert message for each photo upload. Wehn I click "OK" it will then upload the next photo but give the alert again and so on for each photo.

Resized Image

My current config is:

eXtGallery Version : 1.1.0
XOOPS Version : XOOPS 2.5.0 (OK)

Graphics GD library version : bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
GIF support : OK
JPEG support : OK
PNG support : OK

Upload max filesize : 50M
Post max size : 8M

Any help would be fantastic.

Cheers,
Marty.

Cifug
Re: EXTGallery Upload Error
  • 2011/12/12 6:32

• Cifug

• Quite a regular

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,
Marty.

voltan
  • 2011/12/12 10:11

• voltan

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/12/5

Hello

what is your local system Java version and local system OS?
It possible for you test it whit other computer?

I test whit windows 7 and Java x and in Linux whit last Java version and I don't have problem.

redheadedrod

There is a known issue with the multiple upload module that is written in Java. It may be a system setting or version issue but I loaded the same version of Java on my machine and loaded it on another individuals machine and while it worked on mine it did not work on his. I don't think it is a Java version issue. I will be taking Java for the next semester so if we can track down the source code for this I am more than willing to try seeing if I can make it work right all the time. And maybe add some functionality in the process. Many people have had issues with this so I would like to try looking into it and getting it figured out once and for all.

Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

dbman
  • 2011/12/12 20:31

• dbman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/4/28

look in control panel -> java. Under advanced tab -> mixed code check "enable show warning if needed". This will prompt you to allow the certificate for the jupload applet.

redheadedrod

The source code for this is included in the package so I will do what I can to look through it and see if I can see anything wrong with it.

My Java class doesn't start until January so I will likely wait until Java makes more sense to me before trying to pull apart this program. I have pulled up the source code and looked at small sections of it so I do know I can edit it. I just don't know what to do with it yet.

So expect this will be a march/april project for me to try figuring out why it doesn't work for everyone.

Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

Cifug
  • 2011/12/15 1:38

• Cifug

• Quite a regular

Hi, sorry I haven't replied as I was out of town for a few days.

I did try on a buddies PC and it worked fine.

I also checked the "show warning if needed" box in control panel and this appears to have fixed the problem.

Thankyou very much...you guys rock!!

Regards,
Marty.

redheadedrod

Can you tell us the version of Java you are using? Thanks!

dbman
  • 2011/12/15 17:18

• dbman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/4/28

This applet is an open source project available here:
http://jupload.sourceforge.net/

Check the dependencies page for compatibility if you wish to recompile. I think the minimum java requirement is version 1.5.

Cifug
  • 2011/12/16 0:01

• Cifug

• Quite a regular

Hi again, it appears to be not working again...seams to be random or something. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.

My java version is: Version 6 Update 29 (build 1.6.0_29-b11)

This is really annoying lol. If I rotate a pic it definately wont insert into the gallery. But like I said just a straight upload works sometimes and not other times...even using the exact same pics.

Marty.

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits