redheadedrod
Re: If we were to start a 2.6 Branch what would you like to see.

I am working on some changes to the Install script. Although this new script would work fine with 2.4.5 and newer I will likely be aiming to have it ready for 2.6.

I am aiming to simplify the script for most users and make it highly flexible. Two big things I am adding to it are Unintended installs and an Advanced settings portion. I haven't really decided what settings to make available but the intent is to be able to make the install script flexible enough for advanced users to make the system usable once the install is done without having to go to the admin menu in xoops.

So some of the items that are mentioned as requests I will be looking at while I am working on the install script to support since things like adding users and groups. I will look at other things that can be changed as well while working on it.

I have some other ideas for the future but my main thing is to get the most features available for this as possible.

I would like to work with a theme designer as well to see what I need to do to make it themable as well. I would like to make it true multi language as well.

Currently I plan to use Xoops like structures like the current language system as well as a xoops_version.php type file for the settings. But if anyone has suggestions for better systems please PM me or mention them here.

DCrussader

In addition to GNU Gettext POT files, there are few things that must be taken in mind. Plural forms.

In English:
Are you sure to do the following
Is translated in Bulgarian, Russian, FYROM, Serbian, Croatian and most languages in 2 ways. Such ability exists in POT files.

In English there is no male/female in forms, but in Bulgarian there is:

Are u sure is
(Are u sure as for female) Sigurna li ste
(Are u sure as for male) Sigren li ste (for male)
which is currently impossible to be done.

Depend on the user selection in the profile section. If the user during registration have selected male, to read the language for male, if is female to read it for female, if is nothing selected - to be dropped as bot :).

For me the installer is easy enough, just one option screen have to be added.
Minimalistic installation - no modules (well xoops don't have much, but I may not need USER/PM/Protector (specially protector with the current english :) ) modules)
Standard/Community installation - installing everything included
Advanced installation - which module from what repository to be installed (news from stable and news from testing), but such things can't exists here any longer.
Option to install Sample content, so the user can take a look of what he/she got installed. Every included block position to be filled with custom content, some articles, etc.

Menu Management, like the good old module done by Solo from Wolfpack clan, so the navigation can be created in custom way, eg. for News I want to see sub menu for Submit and Archive, rest are not needed.
May The Source Be With You!

redheadedrod
Installation Script...

I have some other things planned for the future but I want to get this done and out there for testing before I say much more here about my future plans. Due to work and class loads any work I do will be slow. Since this is about the 2.6 Xoops I will refrain from further discussion on the Install script here other than to mention I will likely add some features requested here into the install script. Once I have something to show I will create another thread to further discuss other things to add. I hope to have this script done for inclusion with 2.6. But as I mentioned before it should work fine with 2.4.5 or newer with slight tweaking necessary to support each version (May also work with older versions with similar tweaking but I will only test it with 2.4.5, the latest 2.5.x version and 2.6 when it becomes available).

Rodney

JCash
Re: Installation Script...
  • 2011/10/17 10:37

• JCash

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/2/22

... back to the original question "If we were to start a 2.6 Branch what would you like to see."

> add some tpl to customize system module layout : register form and search form

DCrussader

Templates or simple modification via CSS ?
May The Source Be With You!

JCash
  • 2011/10/17 11:17

• JCash

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/2/22

There is no template to customize some system' pages :
> register form
> search form (like this)
> ... may be others

... I do not understand anything with php, so full html / css code would be very helpful

Edit, example :

I would like to display a text on the top of the register form (example, to explain what are the advantages to register on my site). To do so, I have to hack registerform.php file.

Quote:

$reg_form = new XoopsThemeForm('<h2 style="width: 950px">Create your member account</h2>
<div id="badge-help">
<ul>Your advantages :
<li>Advantage 01 : lorem ipsum</li>
<li>Advantage 02 : lorem ipsum ipsum</li>
<li>Advantage 03 : lorem ipsum ipsum ipsum</li>
</ul>
</div>', 'userinfo', 'register.php', 'post', true);

... it would be more simple with a tpl

timgno
  • 2011/10/17 12:43

• timgno

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/21

I have added:
define('XOOPS_MODULES_URL'XOOPS_URL '/modules');

in root/include/defines.php

and:

'xoops_modules_url' => XOOPS_MODULES_URL)

in root/class/template.php

I think to be useful for xoops 2.6

timgno
  • 2011/11/13 9:29

• timgno

• Module Developer

To create and manage administration of the home page and not see a blank page when you first start after installation

timgno
  • 2011/11/13 17:26

• timgno

• Module Developer

Management of error pages from administraction

timgno
  • 2011/11/13 17:37

• timgno

• Module Developer

Quote:

luciorota1 wrote:
more then 8 blocks areas

now we have 8 areas:
left, right,
top left, top center, top right,
bottom left, botom center, bottom right

it'll will be useful if administrator could create all the blocks area he needs... in others cms is possible

three or more, three only in footer area

Login

Who's Online

179 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 179

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits