ashbury
navigation
  • 2011/8/28 10:52

• ashbury

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/8/28

Hi everyone, I am trying to set up a simple website (navigation on the left side and simple content page on the right side). Therefore I installed Tiny Content and created my content pages there. How do I get the navigation links to these content pages in a navigation menu? The integration in the main menu doesn't seem to work.

See:http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/ikjc-1-c4ca-jpg-nb.html

In the main menu I want the "start page", "test1", "test2", "test3" etc. among each other.

Can anyone help?

Thanks Ashley

redheadedrod
Re: navigation

The main menu is built automatically from the system and in order to change the main menu outside of what it normally does you have to "hack" either the theme or the main menu template.

The preferred option I would think would be to use something like imenu or multimenu. Those will allow you to add a new menu with any links you want to add.

Check out the modules section for these modules. I tried to use imenu with xoops 2.5.0 and it did not work. We are now into 2.5.1a and I never tried it with that version.

noo-b
  • 2011/8/28 15:04

• noo-b

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/10/23

check out mymenu for xoops 2.5

http://www.xuups.com/modules/publisher/item.php?itemid=27
I Love Xoops

Dante7237
  • 2011/8/28 15:39

• Dante7237

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2008/5/28

Until you get a better solution taken care of, This is what I've done for links to pages outside of my CMS structure:
http://infernallogic.com/reguser/

The Site Navigation block is just a simple set of links with pics..
Cheesy? Sure. Does it work? You betcha.

The more I know, the more I know that I really didn't wanna know.

zyspec
  • 2011/8/28 16:37

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

I quickly installed iMenu (3.1) in 2.5.1a and other than having to change 'TYPE=MYISAM' to 'ENGINE=MYISAM' in ./sql/mysql.sql it appears to work okay. There's some PHP NOTICEs about Constants being defined more than once in admin, but that won't actually impact operation...

I didn't really look at it any further for any other problems, security, etc. but it does install and 'appear' to work with the one change mentioned above.

redheadedrod

Quote:

zyspec wrote:
I quickly installed iMenu (3.1) in 2.5.1a and other than having to change 'TYPE=MYISAM' to 'ENGINE=MYISAM' in ./sql/mysql.sql it appears to work okay. There's some PHP NOTICEs about Constants being defined more than once in admin, but that won't actually impact operation...

I didn't really look at it any further for any other problems, security, etc. but it does install and 'appear' to work with the one change mentioned above.

Ok, problems that I had were related to nested links. It would not show any child links. Only the "parent" links.

Rodney

zyspec
  • 2011/8/28 19:55

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

All I did was install the module, set group permissions, enable the block on all pages, add a 'parent' link and a 'child' link... That worked. It could be that something more 'complex' might fail, I didn't really go any further.

Login

Who's Online

251 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 251

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits