tedsmith
Is GIJOE still devloping Protector Module
  • 2011/8/2 22:02

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Hi all

Not posted for a long time...

Is GIJOE still developing the Protector module as I note a new stable release has not been released since Nov 2009 (v3.41). I am using said version on two of my sites still but am curious as to why the long beta version of 3.5 is still not stable.

Is it because the module got to a point that hardly anything other than zero day exploits could get past it, or have PHP exploits not evolved so much in recent years?

Thanks

Ted

novlang1984
Re: Is GIJOE still devloping Protector Module

No news from GiJoe since a long time... last time we saw him on his own site was 2010/4/16 5:49:48

I believe we have to wait XoopsEngine to see a new "protector" system.

wishcraft

If you want additional protection run Xortify 2.5.1 the Honeypot and Cloud security system for protector. It is free and there is no charge to use it, all you need to do is install the module, change the communication protocol so you can see the Signup form on your system then signup a Xortify Usename.

Xortify prevents SPAM, Comment Spam, as it connect to 2 other honeypots one call Stop Forum Spam and the other one called Project Honeypot.

YOu can get it from www.chronolabs.coop
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

btesec
  • 2011/8/4 17:32

• btesec

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/2/20

Maybe someone can contact GIJOE and find out from him if he plans to continue, if not or no response, maybe someone else can pick up the development.

pablo103
  • 2011/9/24 15:09

• pablo103

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2008/2/3 1

good question, i have problems with potector and xoops 2.5.1a... is it really necessary to install it, isn t xoops safe as is?

Login

Who's Online

142 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 142

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits