RiazShahid
Publisher: sharing links to popular social networking services such as Facebook, Twitter

Hi all,
I am using Publisher to upload my articles, is there any way that I can share links to popular social networking services such as Facebook, Twitter and Myspace etc.

bjuti
Re: Publisher: sharing links to popular social networking services such as Facebook, Twitter
  • 2011/1/7 10:31

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

Easiest solution is to use service like AddThis.com. Use the code from the site and embed it in publisher's item.php. Clean up cache and voila.

RiazShahid
Re: Publisher: sharing links to popular social networking services such as Facebook, Twitter

Is this tested by any one, and does it works?

chefry
  • 2011/7/15 11:57

• chefry

• Home away from home

• Since: 2006/10/14

there is also Smart partner as an option.

That module has the popular facebook, twitter, etc links. you can disable the rest of the module and just use that feature. It put a "share" bar on every page of Publisher

satrebil
  • 2011/7/15 12:42

• satrebil

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/5/3 2

Hi,

As Bjuti says, Addthis.com is a very good option to share links and is very easy to configure and install.
Simply add a small HTML code in the template or templates for each module you want to use it.
You can see it in operation in the module news here, and in the module oledrion here.
You can add the addthis.com code in any template , or if you want also the theme to appear on all pages.

Sorry for my English.

Regards

rgauci
  • 2011/7/15 15:27

• rgauci

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/8/31

Hi Satrebil

I noticed that you are using Oledrion module to the fulliest without any problems especially regarding Attributes, which I am finding a lot of problems to make it work.

Is it possible to download Oledrion module that you have used? or if it was a commercial one is it possible to buy it?

Nice website btw...
Be Set FREE!

RiazShahid

Thanks for all the posters in the thread, but the thing I wanted to know is;
Which file of Publisher I need to modify? And where to put up to addthis code in the required file (at the end???)

satrebil
  • 2011/7/15 16:52

• satrebil

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/5/3 2

Hello,

I do not use publisher, but I've been watching and I think the best option is to modify the template publisher_item.html.

If you edit the template file contains HTML and Smarty tags to publish the information. You can put the code addthis in the place you want to display. It may be the end, or for instance after the main text ($ item.maintext), ...

I hope that helps you

Sorry for my bad English.
Regards

chefry
  • 2011/7/15 17:04

• chefry

• Home away from home

• Since: 2006/10/14

If you use smartpartner from smartfactory you din't need to change anything. Just install the smartpartner module and the smartobject module. It works fine

ddmaxwell
  • 2011/7/18 12:03

• ddmaxwell

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/7/14

Hi,

As Bjuti says, wimdu.com is a very good option to share links and is very easy to configure and install.
Simply add a small HTML code in the template or templates for each module you want to use it.
You can see it in operation in the module news here, and in the module oledrion here.
You can add the addthis.com code in any template , or if you want also the theme to appear on all pages.

Sorry for my English.

Regards

Thanks for the advice. Very useful!!

Login

Who's Online

179 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 179

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits