webowner
Media Player: Web Show
  • 2011/1/25 1:43

• webowner

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2010/11/18

Hi All,

Can anyone please tell me if there is a way to move up or down links in a menu ? I have WebShow/Media Player on my menu - however would like to move "Categories" up to the top.

I am using the Web Show - Media Player version 0.71 fromhttp://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/?webshow

I also need to know please, how I enter in text below the media player itself so when someone plays a sound file - the title of what is being played is shown.

I also need help please adding a PlayList to the site.

Any help appreciated..

ghia
Re: Media Player: Web Show
  • 2011/1/25 10:28

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Adjust the weight in module manager.

tcnet
  • 2011/1/25 13:42

• tcnet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/5/12

Hi Webowner,
WikiWebShow.com is home base for the development of the WebShow Module for XOOPS. There you will find the module's development news, docs, demos and the support forum.

Quote:
I have WebShow/Media Player on my menu - however would like to move "Categories" up to the top.

"Category" is a submenu item under the main menu item "WebShow". You would need to create a custom menu to have a submenu listed above a main item.

A simple solution might be to add the WebShow Category Block and then weight it above the Xoops main menu block. Not exactly what you are asking for but close.

Quote:
enter in text below the media player itself so when someone plays a sound file - the title of what is being played is shown.

If the media entry is using an xml playlist the currently playing media title should display in the data box below the player. Open the admin's media editor and select data box as one of the items displayed with that media page. Demo here:http://wikiwebshow.com/modules/webshow/singlelink.php?lid=38

Quote:
I also need help please adding a PlayList to the site.

Upload your playlist to uploads/webshow/playlist. Open the media editor, select Add new media, select the source as a playlist then enter the playlist's url (yoursite/uploads/webshow/playlist/yourplaylistname). Please see this tutorial:http://wikiwebshow.com/modules/webshow/singlelink.php?lid=24

WebShow can also create an xml playlist from a directory. Upload your media files to modules/webshow/media/yourfolder/. Open the webshow media editor, select add new media, select directory as the source, select a media file type and then enter yourfoldername.

The module will read your media directory, filter for the specified file type and write a playlist. Webshow's XSPF playlist generator automatically creates an XML playlist that includes the media file's name, link, creator (artist), category(album) and image link. Please see this tutorial :http://wikiwebshow.com/modules/webshow/singlelink.php?lid=21

Thanks for trying the webshow module. In the future please request support in the forum at WikiWebShow.com.

tcnet
  • 2011/1/26 10:47

• tcnet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/5/12

Quote:
I have WebShow/Media Player on my menu - however would like to move "Categories" up to the top.

I may have misread your question. If you want to move "Category" to the top of the submenu items under the "WebShow" main menu item then edit webshow/xoops_version.php around line 150 to reorder the sub menu items.

// Menu
$modversion['hasMain'] = 1;

$modversion['sub'][2]['name'] = _MI_WEBSHOW_SMNAME2;
$modversion['sub'][2]['url'] = "category.php";
$modversion['sub'][3]['name'] = _MI_WEBSHOW_SMNAME3;
$modversion['sub'][3]['url'] = "topten.php?hit=1";

// Permission to add submit link.  Adapted from Herve Thouzard News Module
$module_handler =& xoops_gethandler('module');
$module =& $module_handler->getByDirname($modversion['dirname']);
if (
$module) {
    global 
$xoopsUser;

$groups is_object($xoopsUser) ? $xoopsUser->getGroups() : XOOPS_GROUP_ANONYMOUS;

$gperm_handler =& xoops_gethandler('groupperm');
    if (
$gperm_handler->checkRight("webshow_submit"0$groups$module->getVar('mid'))) {

$modversion['sub'][1]['name'] = _MI_WEBSHOW_SMNAME1;

$modversion['sub'][1]['url'] = "submit.php"
    }
}

webowner
  • 2011/1/27 2:56

• webowner

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2010/11/18

Thank u so much. This really helps, I am going to look at it closely and get back if I have further questions.

Thank you.

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits