jdigioi
How to link a php script to a main menu item ?
  • 2011/1/8 21:19

• jdigioi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/7/19

I generally can make things work but must be missing something or just plain stupid. I can hack at php scripts to make it look and work the way I want but how can I have a php script be linked off the main menu. I was able to make an item on the main menu and now I am lost. Two questions: What do i need to do to link that main menu item to the php script, AND how do i make that script run inside the block I created?

i am running XOOPS 2.4.5, PHP 5.

Can some please point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance!

adanob
Re: How to link a php script to a main menu item ?
  • 2011/1/26 1:32

• adanob

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/1/8 2

Hi:
I am a new user. Xoops has many roadblocks to doing the basic things. But I am sticking with it because it has tremendous potential. The major fault line is in documentation for the basics. I was able to code a pulldown menu from the files that I used in my "themes." It was not intuitive and I was not able to locate the names of files that link by default.

The file in my theme (darkforest) is named xo_globalnav in a folder called xotpl.

I have gone through many themes and none of them have basic instructions.

Good luck!

ghia
  • 2011/1/26 10:57

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

See this.
It may look simple, but depending on the PHP script, you have to hack it further for not providing a html - head section. This is already provided by the header.php
If the script uses login, mySQL. ..., it should be hacked further to rely on the login, ... of XOOPS.

xoobaru
  • 2011/1/26 13:21

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Quote:

it should be hacked further to rely on the login, ... of XOOPS

can you show a generic code example of the XOOPS login showing the actual username and login variables that need to be used with php?

i.e.

//<?php echo $(what xoops variable goes here for username //of logged in member?);?>)

//<?php echo $(what xoops variable goes here for password //of logged in member?);?>)

ghia
  • 2011/1/26 18:58

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

See this.

Login

Who's Online

253 user(s) are online (180 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 253

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits