culex
Re: xoops chat integration (like facebook) ?
  • 2010/12/7 8:59

• culex

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/23

ah ok Thanks nice to know it's being used For the moment it is only manually changed. In the beginning I had it set for "online", "No sound" as default but I got the feeling some prefered the option to be saved and reloaded when loggin in again.

But the idea to change to away after 5,10 or 15 minutes inactivity is something to consider.
Programming is like sex:
One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

btesec
  • 2010/12/8 22:21

• btesec

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/2/20

download link:
http://xoops.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xoops/XoopsModules/xim/

culex
  • 2010/12/9 1:01

• culex

• Module Developer

I havejust updated a single file. Css/footer.css.php. Now footer is not showing unless you have permission to view block
Programming is like sex:

stance
  • 2010/12/9 14:26

• stance

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/11/19

Congratulations :)

It seems the things are going alright in these very first minutes of my test -setting aside the friends list came empty in the beginning, but it's alright now.

culex
  • 2010/12/9 17:17

• culex

• Module Developer

The friendlist sometimes do.. It needs about 30 seconds to refresh, but most times it refreshes from the pageload.
Programming is like sex:

culex
  • 2010/12/9 19:58

• culex

• Module Developer

Again a small update in TRUNK

Changes are.

- With blockupdate the language had a tendency to change from default language -> english. Fixed using $xoopsConfig['language'] instead of xim_getModuleConfig()

- ErrorLogger was activated in userlist. Fix..well de-activating it
Programming is like sex:

stance
  • 2010/12/9 22:15

• stance

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/11/19

Hello again, Firstly it's active in my website now and i must mention that it's brought a wave of excitement to the members :)

Here are the notes i've written down. The first one is the most important, and could be counted as a bug... the others are more likely ideas:

(I'm using Xoops 2.5)

1-This story below happened twice with two seperate members and me, one of them was online and the other was busy:

I'd written to a member and (s)he replied. We had a short conversation. Then i closed the dialogue box. A few minutes later, while browsing the website, the dialogue box appeared again, with just the first message, like it was never replied.

To make it clearer, here is an example with just an imaginary conversation:

First person: Hello, the time is 17:30 here, what's the time there? (1st message)
Second person: Hello it is 19.30 here? (2)
First person: Ok thank you (3)
Second person: Your welcome

--Second person closes the dialogue box
--A few minutes later, the dialogue box appears on the second person's screen, like it was never replied:

First person: Hello, the time is 17:30 here, what's the time there?

--And it appears in the first person's screen, like he sent the first message to himself. I mean, the title of this dialogue box is not the second person's name, it's first person's.

Probably there is a problem with the control system of the message's receiving status. I didn't check the database if it was recorded as "received" or not. I can do it next time, if needed.

2- The options area doesn't close when you update it (in the tiny mode). This is not very important but i think it should close itself after update.

3- Let's say i set my status as online. Then i quit the website and come back. My status comes as "away" again. I think it should be what i set latest.

4- When i click the middle icon at the right top of the dialogue box, in the middle of the minimize and close icons; it makes the dialogue box non-closable. Is this its aim? If it is, i think the box should be closable again when you re-click it. And when i refresh the page, that property is reset. Well, may be, I really didn't get the idea of that icon.

5- Another idea is, the administrator could add a custom icon with custom link to the footer bar.

6- When the connection is slow, the border images of the dialogue box is shown late. I think there should be an option of not using them.

7- The idea of movable dialogue boxes is very nice and it works alright. Besides, some members are used to have them all attached to the footer bar, because of facebook chat. I think this could be an option for them.

8- Sometimes, the online people list comes late because of internal connection slowness or some other reasons. I think the online list should be cached, and brought to the friends list from that cache. This would make it faster. And in the background, the system can check if the friends list is up to date or not and refresh it if needed. This would make users not wait for the list in every refresh of the page.

9- I think there is no need for status icons for the online friends. The icons should be seen just for busy and away friends. (I suppose the offline friends are not seen in the list) This would strain the eyes less.

10- The user's status light should be seen as a colored dot next to the "Friends" text.

11- Deafult status should be set by the administrator.

---

Of course these are just ideas and according to me most of them are not obligatory for 1.0 release either.

I appreciate your hard work, the system works nice without these also and that's why i've started to use it in my website :) The ideas are just for constructive criticism.

Kind regards,

culex
  • 2010/12/11 22:05

• culex

• Module Developer

Great to get some input. A good and long list Stance, but thank so much for giving it a good testing

I run some tests with both Xoops 2.4.5 but especially 2.50 as this is your platform.

1) I cannot reproduce the error with double messaging, but I remember in the beginning we (andrax and I ) experienced something similar. I appered that sometimes with heavy pageloading, or with high pressure on ajax it would hick-up at times. But not very often and only giving some messages double effetct.

I have checked the mysql controller and it updates ok from not recieved to recieved. So at least messages are not marked as recieved when they are not. But I will keep an eye out, but I am not sure this is something I can fix, if however the ajax-string is broken then it's something to worry about.

2) In my test it does. Keeping (1) in mind it would seem jquery didnt load ok. Could you check firebug if it happens again ?

3) Actually your status is reloaded, but the dropdown doesnt mark your status but the script knows , this is because the select:selected is quite difficult, as FF vs IE is a bit buggy. I have added an extra check in "trunk" hopefully it will help.

4) Ups..You're right. The middle is to dock messagebox in footerbar, but tiny doesnt have so I'll give this a look (maybe remove middle buttom or try to dock next to tiny-bar)

5) Interesting. I'll keep this idea for the new version

6) I havent seen this, but I'll keep testing.

7) Yes I agree. This is do-able with big footerbar but should also be possible with tiny... (see 4)

8) The list lacks because it waits for full pageload, and has a delay of 20 secs (I cant remember precisely) or something. I'll also keep this a little for new version

9) You could be right I guess when the list fills up there is a lot to keep the eyes focused on. I'll look into this

10) The green dot from facebook would definately be more familiar the our custom-xim version.

11) This should not be difficult to do in admin section, but probably will not be in the first release.

I hope I have given ok answers and also Andrax agrees hehe

EDIT: uff...diddnt notice I use smilies so frequently.
Programming is like sex:

culex
  • 2010/12/16 18:20

• culex

• Module Developer

I have been checking to make changes to tiny footer to have docking feature available there also. This is pretty simply and will be put this weekend, but in this process I noticed a more serious bug.

Aparently there was something happening with startChatsessions and title of chatboxes. Sometimes, especially when docked in full footerbar and in IE, all titles of the boxes inherits your name :-S

This should be fixed now, a simple one-liner of new code that took me the most of 2 days to find out.

Also I have made a few hacks in MBcontainer.js to avoid offeset.left() errors.

I have updated trunk here

PS. Dont you just love IE lol
Programming is like sex:

culex
  • 2010/12/29 8:31

• culex

• Module Developer

I have updated trunk again with mostly bugfixes.

The problem with docking in tiny footer gave some problems as I had to write a new function to make sure it is keeping the icons there on page refresh.

Not so much in new feature. A new doShake() function to shake the windows a little aswell as the docked icons when recieving a new message + a new icon insted of the old is a bout it.

The change log is here

=================================
CHANGELOG FOR XIM 1.01 RC
=================================
Bugfix Css missing value making mbcontainer bug out contaners iconized in IEFF simply ignores without error (culex rev 5915)
Bugfix Had to add a special check due to IE error in title of chats. (culex rev 5842)
Bugfix Adding direct dom manipulation to read last know config to statussound form99successfull (culex rev 5808)
Bugfix Strange error where "No friends online" changes to english from default language with blockupdate. (culex rev 5805)
Bugfix Hiding footerbar from users with no permission to view block (culex rev 5804)

Added original MBcontainer icon for customization (culex rev 5923)
Added update french translation for xim module (Kris_fr rev 5809)
Added Added dock to tinyfooterbar and ajusted icons to stay inside div (culex rev 5919)
Added Added dobounce functio to iterate through chatwindows and bounce if opened or shake if iconized

Also added security to keep iconized opened and chat windows open with correct username and not userID (culex rev 5916)
Changed - default browser icon to xim browser icon (culex rev 5922)
Changed Corrected a few minor issuesno real bugs (culex rev 5921)
Changed Upgraded mbcontainer with elements from 2.5.5 trunk version additional hack to show hidden elements to offset() (culex rev 5920)
Changed Changed malformed setTimeout() in updateUserList (culex rev 5918)
Changed Version 1.01 RC and added credits (culex rev 5924)
Changed Ajusted json in chatsession startNo errors but better to be safe :-) (culex rev 5841)
Programming is like sex:

Login

Who's Online

196 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 196

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits