Mamba
Re: xoops chat integration (like facebook) ?
  • 2010/12/29 11:24

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Excellent!

I've corrected some English stuff.

Question: why didn't you use

$modversion['system_menu'] = 1;

in the xoops_version.php file to let XOOPS generate the menu tabs? Wouldn't it work on 2.4.x as well?

Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

culex
  • 2010/12/29 16:20

• culex

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/23

Thanks Mamba for helping out, some very interesting typos you found there hehe...

Quote:
Question: why didn't you use

$modversion['system_menu'] = 1;

in the xoops_version.php file to let XOOPS generate the menu tabs? Wouldn't it work on 2.4.x as well?

Well interesting question. I guess because I liked to make all the extra work for the tabs LOL. No somehow this slipped from my memory to do it like that. I have added to modversion.php in trunk so we can have both. The tabs to do all the admin things and system tabs to have all the config things near (block, update etc etc)
Programming is like sex:
One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

Mamba
  • 2010/12/29 20:30

• Mamba

Quote:
The tabs to do all the admin things and system tabs to have all the config things near (block, update etc etc)

Would it be easy to rewrite it to have the more consistent "look and feel" of the standard system tabs?

If it's too much work, forget it, you've been doing already a lot

Support XOOPS => DONATE

culex
  • 2010/12/30 16:43

• culex

• Module Developer

Well it would take some work but a lot work would also be lost, besides I kind of like the inline feature

Right now I'd like to consentrate working on the bugs, if any left. I hope not too many will appear now, so we can release and start working on next releases.

- Group messages (send to group and keep messages in one window)
- The friendlist
- Plugin system
- etc
Programming is like sex:

Mamba
  • 2010/12/30 19:29

• Mamba

Quote:
Well it would take some work but a lot work would also be lost, besides I kind of like the inline feature

Well, I am more for standardization, so users don't have to learn with every module a new GUI

Maybe we can introduce a new process to revamp our Module GUI once a year, after people suggest changes to make it better. Then we can vote on this as publish new "Module GUI Guidelines"

Quote:
Right now I'd like to consentrate working on the bugs, if any left. I hope not too many will appear now, so we can release and start working on next releases.

Makes sense.

Hopefully, in the next release we'll get it standardized. Look also what Voltan did with the update for ExtGallery - there are some good ideas there, similar to those proposed by TDMCreate module builder, which are also pretty much consistent with the default Admin GUI. I think, that's the direction we should be looking at...

I think, the easier we make for the end users by having an easy and user-friendly standardized Module GUI, the better we are
Support XOOPS => DONATE

culex
  • 2010/12/31 9:48

• culex

• Module Developer

Quote:
Well, I am more for standardization, so users don't have to learn with every module a new GUI

Well this is actually very true I'll see if maybe I can get myself to have another look in the new year. It might not be that big a work to standardize a little more
Programming is like sex:

Mazarin
  • 2011/1/11 19:03

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2008/12/10

Would it be possible to do some hack to make the chat windows docked as default (pretty much as it was in the earlier versions, before the window became movable)?

EDIT: Also, is it possible to change the default status to online? Since all the users have the status away when they log on you tend to get that annoying away auto message a lot of times.

btesec
  • 2011/1/14 17:20

• btesec

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/2/20

I tried the latest from the svn and I get sorry you dont access permission to this area, even if i enable anonymous users acess to the block on chrome and IE. when loged in I get the chat box as an emty gray box with a white box ontop. Earlier svn version used to work fine, except that the users setting were not kept.

stance
  • 2011/3/26 19:43

• stance

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/11/19

An interesting problem:

There is a ".textcenter" class in xim.css and this style ruins the private message page's style because it also has a .textcenter class.

Login

Who's Online

212 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 212

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits