tommyZ
display pages with mixed content
  • 2010/10/2 19:42

• tommyZ

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/1/4 1

Hi

I am a little rusty on my xoops, can you perhaps help me figuring out a solution for the following scenario?

A website with multiple sections/categories.
Each section/category will have specific articles, videos, links, files, etc.

IE:
Section 1
--articles
--videos
--links
--files
Section 2
--articles
--videos
--links
--files

I'd like it that when a section is selected from the menu (will use custom menu module), content from the different modules related to that category will be displayed nicely on the page.

I am guessing that I'll have to choose a main module for the page, and use blocks to display additional media on the page based on categories within each module.

Will I be able to create blocks that will show videos, links, etc from specific categories within their modules and have them show on the page of choice?

What are some others ways to go about this? Does this make sense?

Any help counts,

TommyZ

Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it. - Lou Holtz
BlueHost.com - hosting with the most bang for your buck

ghia
Re: display pages with mixed content
  • 2010/10/3 0:26

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Most blocks for the modules have some settings for displaying the latest items of a category, eg news, newbb, ... They can be cloned to have both categories.
So, if you install then two dummy modules as eg ghost (they do not need to show some real content) and rename them to category1 and category2, then you could assign the blocks to show on that module page that corresponds with their category set.

Login

Who's Online

141 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 141

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits